By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name the big game franchises that were released in your year of birth!

Super Mario Kart
Mortal Kombat
Wolfenstein 3D

Around the Network

1990: F-Zero
In America: Final Fantasy

I feel alone lol, so many people are from the 80's. So anyway, many great games launched in this year.

Final Fantsy VII
Mario Kart 64
Grand Theft Auto
GoldenEye 007!!!
Star Fox 64
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Fallout
Age of Empires
Gran Turismo
Quake II 

That's all I can really remember. Definitely a nice list.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Kyuu said:
Justagamer said:
rutea7 said:

yes I'm oooooold
... not big franchises but:

King's Quest
Paperboy Arcade

slow year XD the year of the big videogame crash

You're old?!.... Man, I feel even older now.... What games came out in '76?... How depressing...

You both look silly! Old = more experinced = wiser = better = badasserer!!

Though I admit reminiscing and nostalgia get us to whine sometimes..

Thanks brah... I am pretty bad ass. I may be 37, but I don't feel like I am, and I DEFINATELY don't look it. I look around 28....ish. But thanks, for the badasser statement... It made me lol.

Zelda

Around the Network

1986 Best year ever!!

Zelda
Metroid
Castelvania

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

95' I can't think on anything but tekken :s not a good year for new games I guess

1971 ....lol.......nintendo was a card company lol........I was playing with G.I.joe and hungry hungry hippo lol....video games was a dream...Apple was something that fell from a tree....Atari was nonexistent ...I saw the birth of video game history with pong and Atari VCS.... Aka 2600 lol in the late 70s...so in other words no game existed in my birth year lol

uptownsoul said:
marley said:
PacMan
Missile Command
Berzerk
Defender
Centipede

My guess is you were born, like me, in 1980?  PacMan came out 2 days after my birth...BTW i think it went on to be the best selling game of all time at some point.

Same year here, so I will add a few games:

Zork I, Tempest, Batlezone, and the Game & Watch. Also the Intellivision console

Super Mario Bros. 3
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

1990 ftw