By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name the big game franchises that were released in your year of birth!

flagstaad said:

Same year here, so I will add a few games:

Zork I, Tempest, Batlezone, the Game & Watch, and the Intellivision console

You're right... The Game & Watch and Intellivision Console were... great games. *_*

Around the Network

Unfortunately nothing ...

fatslob-:O said:
Unfortunately nothing ...

You're kidding, right?

Duke Nukem 3D
Metal Slug
Quake
Super Mario 64
Resident Evil
Crash Bandicoot
Tomb Raider
Diablo
Star Ocean

The list goes on...

That's if I got you year of birth right, of course...

Hynad said:

You're kidding, right?

Duke Nukem 3D
Metal Slug
Quake
Super Mario 64
Crash Bandicoot
Tomb Raider
Diablo
Star Ocean

The list goes on...

That's if I got you year of birth right, of course...

You wish ... I wasn't born in 1996 ... It was 95 that I got to feast my eyes on the world for the first time. At that time I think it was a dry year for games. 

Chrono trigger was on the SNES, command and conquer wasn't all that big, twisted metal was small which ended up being a bust in the end, tales of games in general were never big plus it started with phantasia, and suikoden is irrelevant in my eyes. I've got essentially no joy in the pride of remembering one of the shitiest gaming years I think. 

mornelithe said:
Pretty sure the only game that ever had historical legs from my year of birth is Asteroids (1979) or Flight Simulator.

Galaxian is also one of the greats from the golden age of gaming.

Then of course there's Radar Scope, which is a special case.  A commercial failure for Nintendo, but 2/3 of that game's supply of ROM boards and cabinets would be converted by 1981 in the form of Donkey Kong.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
menx64 said:
1986 Best year ever!!

Zelda
Metroid
Castelvania

1987 is still better.. *CASTS FINAL FANTASY*

Sorry my friend. There is nothing better than Zelda...

And I got proof of it...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I was born before the car was invented.

Pong?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I only know of Mario Kart and I know that The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was released in NA the same day I was born XD

think-man said:
I was born before the car was invented.

At 1236 you were born before the iron age began :p