By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PlayStation E3 2014 - YouTube link for those who missed it

MS showed more games but Sony showed more Gameplay.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
ParryWinkle said:
So let's see what we have
Indie games that could be played on phone
Multiplats
DLC
YouTube
Only decent looking games are Uncharted 4 and Bloodbourne
No Crash
No Spyro
No Last Guardian

No other AAA exclusives
I guess I could wait to get a PS4 unless TGS changes my mind..
Pure disappointment.

Did you really think what I bolded above ^ would be announced honestly. Sony no longer owns crash or spyro so I dont see what you expected and the Last Guardian has been delayed and in the backlog for so long do you really think this time they were going to talk about it. I dont see why people even are excited for that game nearly nothing has been shown about it, its really no that big of a deal. 

And there was plenty of AAA exclusives, Little Big Planet, Uncharted 4, BloodBourne, The Order 1886 did you expect to see 100 exclusives this e3?!

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

no doubt about it, sony definitely brought a better conference so far.

more exclusive games, and exclusive contents. that is a win.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Fusioncode said:
BMaker11 said:
Fusioncode said:
Far and away the best conference so far. Unlike Microsoft they actually focused on exclusive games. Now I know people will bitch and moan about the 20 slow minutes with the dude talking but the rest of the press conference was fantastic.

20 minute slow section? For a 2 hour conference? That's 1hr 40min of awesomeness, 95% of which was either exclusive games or a metric tonne of exclusive incentives to get it for PS4. MSs conference was 1hr30min, 95% of which was multiplats with no Xbox incentives and remakes/remasters. It really is no contest about which confrence was better

Exactly. But certain people like to downplay Sony at every turn so I have no doubt they will endlessly complain about the short boring section. Even though they had a far better exclusive showcase. 

Not to mention, it's not like all of it was completely irrelevant stuff we don't care about (unlike some conferences that think it's pertinent to let you know: you can watch TV...on your TV!). The clarifications for PS Now, open beta, PS TV so there's a competitor to Apple TV, Roku, etc. that has freaking PS Now as well and can remote play your PS4 games are things that matter! And they had to talk about Vita as well. It may not be doing well, but if they didn't talk about it: omg they're abandoning it; they do talk about it: nobody cares about Vita! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Only part in that 20 minute lull that was utter crap was that Powers stuff and all that crap about original content. They didn't need to go at length about that kinda stuff, just announce it and move on. 

FatedReality said:
ParryWinkle said:
Multiplats
DLC
YouTube
No Crash
No Spyro
No Last Guardian

No other AAA exclusives
Pure disappointment.

Did you really think what I bolded above ^ would be announced honestly. Sony no longer owns crash or spyro so I dont see what you expectedand the Last Guardian has been delayed and in the backlog for so long do you really think this time they were going to talk about it. I dont see why people even are excited for that game nearly nothing has been shown about it, its really no that big of a deal. 

And there was plenty of AAA exclusives, Little Big Planet, Uncharted 4, BloodBourne, The Order 1886 did you expect to see 100 exclusives this e3?!

Team Ico, the creators of The Last Guardian only made 2 games before TLG and they're The Shadow of Collossus and Ico, arguably among the best games for PS2 so TLG is pretty hyped up.

And LBP and the Order do not appeal to me so I did not care much for the conference one bit because Uncharted 4 and Bloodbourne won't be coming out this year.

If you liked the conference, great. I'm just expressing my blunt opinion.

Around the Network
ParryWinkle said:
FatedReality said:
ParryWinkle said:
Multiplats
DLC
YouTube
No Crash
No Spyro
No Last Guardian

No other AAA exclusives
Pure disappointment.

Did you really think what I bolded above ^ would be announced honestly. Sony no longer owns crash or spyro so I dont see what you expectedand the Last Guardian has been delayed and in the backlog for so long do you really think this time they were going to talk about it. I dont see why people even are excited for that game nearly nothing has been shown about it, its really no that big of a deal. 

Team Ico, the creators of The Last Guardian only made 2 games before TLG and they're The Shadow of Collossus and Ico, arguably among the best games for PS2 so TLG is pretty hyped up.

And LBP and the Order do not appeal to me so I did not care much for the conference one bit because Uncharted 4 and Bloodbourne won't be coming out this year.

If you liked the conference, great. I'm just expressing my blunt opinion.

Becuase the game has been through so many complications and delays I doubt the same team/people that worked on Ico and The Shadow of Collossus are still working on TLG. I would understand if the game was announced 1, 2 or even 3 years ago but its been around 5 years! I just dont get why people still complain about its absence every time Sony has a confrence/show its been so long and so little talk about it suggest it is probably never going to release.

I also respect your opinion thats fine but dont say there wasnt any AAA exclusives when there clearly were whether you like them or not.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

did'nt really hate the conference. it gave me everything I wanted. GTA V and the last of us on ps4,even though I already played them. I still wanted 2 play these games on the PS4. the standalone infamous dlc and LBP3 also peaked my interest. did'nt understand the point of the pstv and how that little device works,but overall I thought it was a solid conference. 9/10.

Killzone DLC
Destiny W~ Bonus Content
The Order 1886
Entwined
inFamous First Light
LittlebigPlanet 3
Bloodborne
Far Cry 4
Dead Island 2
Diablo III with The Last of Us DLC
Battlefield Hardline
Disney Infinity 2 with The Avengers
Magicka 2
Grim Fandango Remake
Indie Games - Broforce/Titan Souls/Not a Hero/Hotline Miami 2/The Talos Principle/Devolver
Let it Die - Suda51
Abzu
No Man's Sky
Project Morpheus
Youtube to PS4 and other Sharing
free to Play Montage
Playstation Now Open Beta on PS4 July 31st
Vita - Tales of HEarts R, Child of Light, Tales from Borderlands, Minecraft,
Playstation TV
Vibramin
Mortal Kombat X
Powers
Ratchet and Clank the Movie
The Last of Us PS4
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
Grand Theft Auto V
Batman Arkham Knight
Uncharted 4 A Thief's End

Nuff said.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

BMaker11 said:
Fusioncode said:
BMaker11 said:
Fusioncode said:
Far and away the best conference so far. Unlike Microsoft they actually focused on exclusive games. Now I know people will bitch and moan about the 20 slow minutes with the dude talking but the rest of the press conference was fantastic.

20 minute slow section? For a 2 hour conference? That's 1hr 40min of awesomeness, 95% of which was either exclusive games or a metric tonne of exclusive incentives to get it for PS4. MSs conference was 1hr30min, 95% of which was multiplats with no Xbox incentives and remakes/remasters. It really is no contest about which confrence was better

Exactly. But certain people like to downplay Sony at every turn so I have no doubt they will endlessly complain about the short boring section. Even though they had a far better exclusive showcase. 

Not to mention, it's not like all of it was completely irrelevant stuff we don't care about (unlike some conferences that think it's pertinent to let you know: you can watch TV...on your TV!). The clarifications for PS Now, open beta, PS TV so there's a competitor to Apple TV, Roku, etc. that has freaking PS Now as well and can remote play your PS4 games are things that matter! And they had to talk about Vita as well. It may not be doing well, but if they didn't talk about it: omg they're abandoning it; they do talk about it: nobody cares about Vita! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Only part in that 20 minute lull that was utter crap was that Powers stuff and all that crap about original content. They didn't need to go at length about that kinda stuff, just announce it and move on. 

VITA TV IS HOW YOU DO A 100 dollar peripheral Microsoft!

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

good stuff sony,only needs the multiplats to stay No 1 this gen like watch dogs & destiny,everything else must be crushing to the xbox alts

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt