By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Now that price its the same and we all know that was like 95 % the reason ps4 was selling more , its obvious xbone will sell more right?

I remember that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I think everyone is forgetting Sony can also drop the price come E3. If anything, this may slow sakes for Ms down until June the 9th. Why would anyone buy one now if they can get it cheaper in a month?

Question is, if Sony drops the price to £300-320, and throws in a free bundled game, how will that affect sales?

A bad start (the Wii U was the worst), won't break open Japan (they aren't to happy to try either) and cost way to much.

I fully expect the PS4 to stay ahead at least until fall, by when the main decision-maker for most consumers will be games. If Microsoft can get out Halo 5 by then, they will probably be able to take NA for the year. PS4 will stay ahead worldwide, but the ball is in Sony's court, they can't just depend on ports and remakes anymore.

Just goes to show how great it is for consumers when a company is pushed back so far it has to rethink its strategy.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

PS4.

Around the Network

Its just an illusion. The truth is if you bought a titanfall bundle for £389 and sold titanfall and kinect, it would cost similar to a PS4.
But thats not been good enough for XB1. It needs to be cheaper than the PS4 to mean anything. atleast outside of NA.

The US will be Xbox territory.

The UK will probably be a really mixed bag although I'm thinking Xbox might be able to nab it.

Everywhere else will be Playstation's.

But US and the UK are absolutely crucial markets to break.

Like many people already said, if Xbox One was 450$ with Console+Kinect+Titanfall in USA in a lot of stores in March vs 400$ PS4 and still sold 60k less than PS4...., how can this new deal change things that much??

I still expect PS4 beating Xbox One in USA the rest of the year. April and May must have been awful, and despite the novelty of the new price, i don't see Xbox One beating the PS4 Watch Dogs bundle....

The xbox one is very close weekly with the ps4 sales wise, and ps4 has only 10 % more sales in the US and the UK

I believe in a month xbox 1 can regain the leadership in US and UK

NA/UK = virtual tie. PS4 is a much better competitor than the PS3.
Rest of world = no chance for XB1.