By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

Took my comments from GAF;

Nice job from Phill, the man is hearing us.

I personally will wait for a smaller version of the XB1. I would literally have to put the console on the floor to accommodate it, or buy new tv furniture with more space.
Considering trading in my WiiU towards this when the size is reduced.

Around the Network

Xone and PS4 look pretty similar now...

4 ≈ One

spemanig said:
NobleTeam360 said:

OH lol, that would be a good Idea actually I much prefer the pro controller over the tablet. 

And I like the gamepad, but it will never be utilized enough to be worth the extra cost now. They need to swallow their pride and get sales up. The consumer told Nintendo what they want. Hurry up and just do it.

Unlike the Kinect, the gamepad and touch controls are actually required to play a large number of WiiU games, so this will never happen

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

BenVTrigger said:
With the software thats coming, MS will have a strong chance of taking back NA. Or at least coming close. The race if far from over.

Isnt NA currently neck and neck, with both consoles sitting around the 3 Million units marker?

Or are VGC numbers decieving me?

Translation for y'all : "Starting 09/06 : PS4 remains the same "

EDIT : here's the link  

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
BenVTrigger said:
With the software thats coming, MS will have a strong chance of taking back NA. Or at least coming close. The race if far from over.

Isnt NA currently neck and neck, with both consoles sitting around the 3 Million units marker?

Or are VGC numbers decieving me?

Honestly don't know I haven't looked at VGC numbers in years really.

Dgc1808 said:
Xone and PS4 look pretty similar now...

yea, I think you might need to change your sig to 4 = One, as they are almost the same console now

Definitely a big move by Microsoft, and in my mind it's the right one in order for the One to get some momentum leading into the holiday season. I know it's risky for them to not have Kinect as an essential part of their One vision now, but I see this as a better move than just a price cut, as that would have caused a lot of backlash for the fans who already own the system (and you should never turn your back on those who have supported you from the beginning. Nintendo had to give 3DS supporters the Ambassador games and the Wii U owners the 30 years/30 cents games).

The move to have this implemented on June 9th has me believing that this was going to be an E3 announcement (similar to their Xbox slim reveal). I wonder why it was pushed back a month... as it will definitely hurt May's sales (although those who still want a Kinect-One can purchase it without any hesitance).

And good for them for removing the pay-wall for many of their apps and services. Makes the actual console look more attractive to the consumer, and that's what they're going to have to do in order for the One to be a big hit. Let's hope for big game reveals next month!

why does everyone forget the software XD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Boy, color me surprised. I NEVER imagined they would do this. But there it is. Phil Spencer doesn't mess around.

Part of me is glad they're getting back to the "consumer choice" thing. The 360 did this masterfully in the beginning and I always liked that approach.

And E3 will no doubt be all about games. Sure April NPD may be bad and this cushions the blow, but I suspect Phil didn't want this kind of news overshadowing the games during E3.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!