By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendomination 2014

Dam does hating nintendo and loving fps make you man

Around the Network
stonecold2014 said:
If these casuals left then why are the most anticipated games nintendo and why mk8 sold out and had the most pre orders this week and where are these so called ps4 games hype is over Virgins and Losers

go look at Watch Dogs, Destiny, the order and TLoU and then come back. Hype still going strong for the ps4 and ironically the most hyped games arent fps

KoopaKid said:

Please look it up on wiki it sold  horribly and was selling at a loss for the consoles first 2 years please look it up before making these remarks

I believe the point they are making in regards to the ps3 is that, even at its worst, it never sold as poorly as the wii u is right now.  In its first couple of years the ps3's baseline hovered around 50-60k, over the past year and change the wii u's baseline is around 25-30k, even with a considerable price advantage over the ps3. 

PigPen said:
Turkish said:
PigPen said:

Will the Wii U win out in the long run?  Nintendo is doing no wrong in my eyes and is on a path to be printing money again.  The Wii U is no longer selling at a lost, just to get that out of the way.  Nintendo has the most exclusives and it can only get better.  Four 3DS and three Wii U exclusives from Sega who is also bringing Sonic Boom.  I'm going to go ahead and list the Wii U exclusives.

1. Sonic Boom
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. SMT x Fire Emblem
  4. Yarn Yoshi
  5. Zelda U
  6. Bayonetta 2
  7. X   
  8. Fatal Frame U
  9. Hyrule Warriors
That's just the beginning of the Nintendomination.  Miyamoto is working on a new IP. Retro Studios is now working on a IP.   There's really no need to list the Wii U Indie support cause that will be a very long list.  I'm optimistic about Nintendo's future.  I couldn't find a better lineup of exclusives on any other platform.  I'm excited about E3, how about you? 

Why is nintendo still losing money then.

How is Nintendo dominating when they'll only estimating to sell 3.6M wiiu's til march 31 2015?

Games in bold are not coming out this year. Retro studios just made DKCTF, their new game will be 3-4 years away.

Nintendo recently posted a lost in march.  Who says they're still losing money?  The Wii U is now profitable.

That's what they projected, but it can always sell more or less.

Nintendo gave no release dates for them games.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Nope, they posted a loss for the entire last fiscal year. The situation looks rather grim, I dont expect them to make money and revise their profit forecasts in 6 months like theyve done the last time.

KoopaKid said:

What are u talking about wii u outsold ps3 for the first to get to a million in japan thats how terrible it was doing look up the article you do some research and gosh you must love nintendo you reply to all my post

Wow, that's being selective as hell. The PS3 might have had a rocky start but it was never even close to in as bad a situation as the Wii U is in. The only reason the Wii U reached the million faster in Japan was because it had a stronger launch month and nothing more and you probably remember that the Wii Us sales demise only started after said first month.

PS3 2007 vs. Wii U 2013: 7.9m vs 3.2m

PS3 2008 until May 3rd vs Wii U 2014 until May 3rd: 3.1m vs 0.7m

This is not even a contest.

Around the Network

tagging to bump when ps4 doubles Wii u Ltd.

"Hopefully we get a Star Fox that has many explosionz and awesome grafix! "
fingers crossed!!!

mario kart/zelda might dethrone the ps4 for a week or 2 at most(maybe).that depends on what the ps4 releases that same time period...the wii days are long gone. whatever boost zelda/kart give the U,it will be back close to normal sales 3 weeks after(that pretty much happens for every initial hardware boost from big named software)...The U already had a big mario release not to long ago and it continues to get its ass handed to it by the mother flipping vita and the ancient ps3....the U is destined for last place.. ps4 is to hung this generation,its walking around with its pants down pointing to its crotch with all the confidence in the world,challenging anyone to pull theirs out to have a measuring contest,its even telling its competition it wil take a cold shower first and still win by 10 inches. bayoneta as cool as it is,will be lucky to sell 1.5M LTD

I never saw the Wii U selling as much as the Wii, but didn't see it going like this. I am a strong believer it will pick up and same with 3DS. They won't sell as much as their predecessors, but will destroy GameCube and GameBoy Advance.
Predictions: (LifeTime Sales)
3DS:
High-135m
Low-100m

Wii U:
High-86m
Low-55m

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

DarkRPGamer007 said:
I never saw the Wii U selling as much as the Wii, but didn't see it going like this. I am a strong believer it will pick up and same with 3DS. They won't sell as much as their predecessors, but will destroy GameCube and GameBoy Advance.
Predictions: (LifeTime Sales)
3DS:
High-135m
Low-100m

Wii U:
High-86m
Low-55m

17 year plan for Wii U confirmed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor