By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendomination 2014

I can't see the Wii U turning it around or staying neck in neck with it's competition. They've lost most of the casual market that helped push the Wii and Nintendo's own games can only help so much in comparison to the hype and constant game releases on the PS4 and XBO.

Around the Network
PigPen said:

Your opinion is no better then mines.

Sales and trends are not exactly in the realm of opinion. You're both making an argument (prediction) and his is backed up with far more historical precedents and thus is many times more likely.

Skidonti said:
PigPen said:

Sales and trends are not exactly in the realm of opinion. You're both making an argument (prediction) and his is backed up with far more historical precedents and thus is many times more likely.

What you think is many times more likely is not a fact.  So you now threw your opinion in the mix.

What matters is that Wii U owners are happy.

I just mine today and i am certainly happy with it. Neither the PS4, wich i also have or the X1 have more games worth having yet.

PigPen said:
Skidonti said:
PigPen said:

What you think is many times more likely is not a fact.  So you now threw your opinion in the mix.

Okay, have fun.

Around the Network

I don't see Nintendo doing particularly well off the back of their lineup; but better than 2013 for the Wii U seems odds-on. It depends on Mario Kart; if that can build up excitement, word of mouth and some sales and they get Smash out sooner rather than later to back it up; maybe even X and/or Zelda for the end of this year it could do relatively well. Sadly I see the other games doing nothing special in the long run.

Still far behind the other systems overall but reasonable compared to where it is now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

PigPen said:

At least try to sound smart, you sound angry that I made the thread.

why would i be angry that youre going to be sad soon enough

Max King of the Wild said:
PigPen said:

At least try to sound smart, you sound angry that I made the thread.

why would i be angry that youre going to be sad soon enough

Ha Ha, lol

PigPen said:

Will the Wii U win out in the long run?  Nintendo is doing no wrong in my eyes and is on a path to be printing money again.  The Wii U is no longer selling at a lost, just to get that out of the way.  Nintendo has the most exclusives and it can only get better.  Four 3DS and three Wii U exclusives from Sega who is also bringing Sonic Boom.  I'm going to go ahead and list the Wii U exclusives.

1. Sonic Boom
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. SMT x Fire Emblem
  4. Yarn Yoshi
  5. Zelda U
  6. Bayonetta 2
  7. X   
  8. Fatal Frame U
  9. Hyrule Warriors
That's just the beginning of the Nintendomination.  Miyamoto is working on a new IP. Retro Studios is now working on a IP.   There's really no need to list the Wii U Indie support cause that will be a very long list.  I'm optimistic about Nintendo's future.  I couldn't find a better lineup of exclusives on any other platform.  I'm excited about E3, how about you? 

Why is nintendo still losing money then.

How is Nintendo dominating when they'll only estimating to sell 3.6M wiiu's til march 31 2015?

Games in bold are not coming out this year. Retro studios just made DKCTF, their new game will be 3-4 years away.

Turkish said:
PigPen said:

Will the Wii U win out in the long run?  Nintendo is doing no wrong in my eyes and is on a path to be printing money again.  The Wii U is no longer selling at a lost, just to get that out of the way.  Nintendo has the most exclusives and it can only get better.  Four 3DS and three Wii U exclusives from Sega who is also bringing Sonic Boom.  I'm going to go ahead and list the Wii U exclusives.

1. Sonic Boom
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. SMT x Fire Emblem
  4. Yarn Yoshi
  5. Zelda U
  6. Bayonetta 2
  7. X   
  8. Fatal Frame U
  9. Hyrule Warriors
That's just the beginning of the Nintendomination.  Miyamoto is working on a new IP. Retro Studios is now working on a IP.   There's really no need to list the Wii U Indie support cause that will be a very long list.  I'm optimistic about Nintendo's future.  I couldn't find a better lineup of exclusives on any other platform.  I'm excited about E3, how about you? 

Why is nintendo still losing money then.

How is Nintendo dominating when they'll only estimating to sell 3.6M wiiu's til march 31 2015?

Games in bold are not coming out this year. Retro studios just made DKCTF, their new game will be 3-4 years away.

Nintendo recently posted a lost in march.  Who says they're still losing money?  The Wii U is now profitable.

That's what they projected, but it can always sell more or less.

Nintendo gave no release dates for them games.  Your guess is as good as mine.