By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendomination 2014

Will the Wii U win out in the long run?  Nintendo is doing no wrong in my eyes and is on a path to be printing money again.  The Wii U is no longer selling at a lost, just to get that out of the way.  Nintendo has the most exclusives and it can only get better.  Four 3DS and three Wii U exclusives from Sega who is also bringing Sonic Boom.  I'm going to go ahead and list the Wii U exclusives.

1. Sonic Boom
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. SMT x Fire Emblem
  4. Yarn Yoshi
  5. Zelda U
  6. Bayonetta 2
  7. X   
  8. Fatal Frame U
  9. Hyrule Warriors
That's just the beginning of the Nintendomination.  Miyamoto is working on a new IP. Retro Studios is now working on a IP.   There's really no need to list the Wii U Indie support cause that will be a very long list.  I'm optimistic about Nintendo's future.  I couldn't find a better lineup of exclusives on any other platform.  I'm excited about E3, how about you? 

Around the Network

I'm personally of the view that the Wii U's failure is almost a self-fulfilling prophecy now. The general view of the console is 'oh yeah that's that thing that's failing'. It's hard to turn that around, even with great exclusives. I love my Wii U, but I don't really see it's fortunes turning drastically around at this point - there's too much of a stigma attached with the name. But, I hope to be proved wrong.

No. Hyrule Warriors is a filler game and FF looks like will stay in Japan. Also, sonic boom?
The rest of games on your list are slated for 2014-2015 and maybe 2016.

I can think of a better line-up:Wii. In the first year I get TP, Wii Sports, Paper Mario, SMG and MP3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Im very excited ..I expect a new Nintendo IP and Zelda U a 2min trailer would be awesome.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

What is you definition of 'win out in the long run'?

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
No. Hyrule Warriors is a filler game and FF looks like will stay in Japan. Also, sonic boom?
The rest of games on your list are slated for 2014-2015 and maybe 2016.

I can think of a better line-up:Wii. In the first year I get TP, Wii Sports, Paper Mario, SMG and MP3.

Huh, Hyrule Warriors is a filler game?  Fatal Frame will not be a only Japan game.  The last Fatal Frame for the Wii wasn't only a Japan game, it just didn't come to the west.

Can't wait!!! This is gonna be a fap worthy year for Nintendo fans!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

mtachi said:
I'm personally of the view that the Wii U's failure is almost a self-fulfilling prophecy now. The general view of the console is 'oh yeah that's that thing that's failing'. It's hard to turn that around, even with great exclusives. I love my Wii U, but I don't really see it's fortunes turning drastically around at this point - there's too much of a stigma attached with the name. But, I hope to be proved wrong.

Like I said, I'm optimistic.  All three consoles sold around the same with just a +million difference.  Mario Kart 8 is already number one on Amazon Japan.  E3 can change everything.

cheshirescat said:
What is you definition of 'win out in the long run'?

More or likely what you think it means.  All three consoles are in the same ballpark with just a +million difference.

These lists feel really comparable to what we were getting last year when a slew of games were supposed to increase the sales of WiiU, but didn't.

Wonderful 101 did nothing for the console and I don't think Bayonetta 2 will either.

Donkey Kong managed a minor blip, just like I'd imagine Yarn Yoshi will do.

Sonic Lost World sold okay but didn't have a huge impact on hardware sales, and Sonic Boom will probably do the same.

Fatal Frame is from an IP whose best entry sold 160k (Wonderful 101 territory). A recent remake sold 100k in Japan and didn't get localized. I wouldn't hold out much hope for that one.

So what you're left with from your list are 3 games that aren't confirmed for 2014 (two of which haven't even had any gameplay shown) and Mario Kart.

And Mario Kart is the key. It'll do the heavy lifting, and it'll have Smash to back it up. If Nintendo could get a proper Zelda out, that will help, but Hyrule Warriors looks like it's going to be the game for this year.

The rest of the games are going to be blips on the radar, X being the one that has the chance of performing best.

I think 2014 will be up in sales over 2013, but that really isn't saying much since 2013 was a disaster for WiiU sales. I think it'll be a good year for fans who already own the console in terms of games, but that isn't going to expand the userbase at all.