By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I just bought a Wii U...

ganoncrotch said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
ganoncrotch said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Did anyone else notice how supportive, helpful and friendly Wii U owners seem to be in a setting like this?

I'm sure if anyone posted here that they bought a Xbox 1 or PS4 and asked for recommendations members from their communities would give games that they were enjoying too.

The majority of the time I hear complainers bemoaning everything and anything, especially people who see the word nintendo and come to have a troll.

Further, when I owned a PS3, 50% of the advice I received or conversations I had involved rudeness, xenophobia, swear words or immaturity. When I mentioned WII U owners, I wasn't specifically speaking of this forum. I was speaking in general terms.

oh yeah that's fair enough, if you see sites like N4g I know there the fan base is fairly crazy Sony biased but here on VGchartz there is a decent community for all 3 systems so when it's a thread about just 1 machine there is normally a good chat about just that system, when there's some multiplatform that has either DLC on one system or a better frame rate on another tho you can see some pretty nasty stuff kicking off at times, if you wanna see the worst of it tho you can do a search by users who are currently banned and read what they did to get it, I read it for fun at times :D

Indeed. I wish there was more discussions on the likes of civilization here too though. Anything involving consoles anywhere else becomes petty. The anti steam machine crowd are quite similar to the anti Nintendo crowd.

As a matter of fact, I just had a thought of how cool a proper Civ game would be on the Wii U gamepad (not just Civ Revolution which was ok).

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
ganoncrotch said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
ganoncrotch said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Did anyone else notice how supportive, helpful and friendly Wii U owners seem to be in a setting like this?

I'm sure if anyone posted here that they bought a Xbox 1 or PS4 and asked for recommendations members from their communities would give games that they were enjoying too.

The majority of the time I hear complainers bemoaning everything and anything, especially people who see the word nintendo and come to have a troll.

Further, when I owned a PS3, 50% of the advice I received or conversations I had involved rudeness, xenophobia, swear words or immaturity. When I mentioned WII U owners, I wasn't specifically speaking of this forum. I was speaking in general terms.

oh yeah that's fair enough, if you see sites like N4g I know there the fan base is fairly crazy Sony biased but here on VGchartz there is a decent community for all 3 systems so when it's a thread about just 1 machine there is normally a good chat about just that system, when there's some multiplatform that has either DLC on one system or a better frame rate on another tho you can see some pretty nasty stuff kicking off at times, if you wanna see the worst of it tho you can do a search by users who are currently banned and read what they did to get it, I read it for fun at times :D

Indeed. I wish there was more discussions on the likes of civilization here too though. Anything involving consoles anywhere else becomes petty. The anti steam machine crowd are quite similar to the anti Nintendo crowd.

As a matter of fact, I just had a thought of how cool a proper Civ game would be on the Wii U gamepad (not just Civ Revolution which was ok).

I am a big civilization fan too, I posted for over a decade in Apolyton and Civfanatics.

I would rather see a Civ for 3DS, because I like the idea of playing Civ in lunch break/subway/bathroom.  I think 3DS may be strong enough to handle CIV III.

For me the best Wii U exclusive games are

Super Mario 3D World

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (warning, it is a difficult old style platformer, kinda like a modern Battletoad in some levels)

The Wonderful 101 (also very challenging, action game by the creator of Devil May Cry, Okami and Bayonetta)

Pikmin 3

These are also very good

New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi Bros

Monster Hunter

Zombi U (perhaps it is not great, but it is very cheap, makes good use of the gamepad, and one of the few Wii U first person shooters, its Metacritic is 77.

Third party

Sonic Racing (although Mario Kart comes soon, so you may want to buy it later)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (although it has the less people online)

Deus Ex Human Revolution

The Need for Speed Wii U game

ganoncrotch said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
ganoncrotch said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Just got censored for no reason. "You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Other (Tone down the patronizing. Keep it respectful.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action. ". It looks like I was wrong about this community. Do I seem patronizing or rude?

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Just got censored for no reason. "You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Other (Tone down the patronizing. Keep it respectful.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action. ". It looks like I was wrong about this community. Do I seem patronizing or rude?

If you linked the actual moderated post because it wasn't in this thread people could tell slightly moreso, since your "post reference" link doesn't work and non of your posts in this thread have a "moderated" tag on them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Congratulations.
Have fun with the console :)