By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (Unfortunately, WE 2008 Wii Bombed)

It sucks that none of the three consoles have decent third party software sales.

Around the Network

I guess the delay it had was a major factor too. If next year's version comes out the same time like the other versions, i would rather have that one. Still EU is where it counts

Will be nice for next year. WE08 Wii is like 5 months late and isnt getting television ads like the PS3 and PS2 versions had, its also the last version to release. If they can improve this years version and bring WE09 out on time later this year it will perform better, but they had to start building a userbase for it somewhere.

XiaoMay said:
It's not a Bomb !!! 20.000 / 70.000 on 1st day !

and is going to have good legs

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

kingofwale said:
celine said:
kingofwale said:
>Wow I thought that Lost Planet will sold more in the first day on PS3 ...

being on-par with bioshock isn't bad. ;)

Except that PS3 has over triple install base than 360 in Japan ...

yeah, because Japanese just looove shooter, right?

PS3's userbase gets canceled out by the delay of the game + lack of interest in shooter + B- game.

Bioshock still should've sold better within the core of 360 Japanese owner.

I'm inclined to agree with kingofwale, the delay of the game was the most important factor in the dissapointing sales. Japan usually buys Capcom games ( except Zack & Wiki and We love Golf sadly ).

Wii PES sales are mediocre; if it maintains some legs, it will be a solid success thus being enough to warrant PES09 Wii version.