By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (Unfortunately, WE 2008 Wii Bombed)

celine said:
kingofwale said:
>Wow I thought that Lost Planet will sold more in the first day on PS3 ...

being on-par with bioshock isn't bad. ;)

Except that PS3 has over triple install base than 360 in Japan ...

yeah, because Japanese just looove shooter, right?

PS3's userbase gets canceled out by the delay of the game + lack of interest in shooter + B- game.

Bioshock still should've sold better within the core of 360 Japanese owner.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@konnichiwa always twisting things in favour of ps3 huh?
Compare sales of LP from 360 and PS3 and then we can say PS3 version bombed compared to the 360's one

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

>Compare sales of LP from 360 and PS3 and then we can say PS3 version bombed compared to the 360's one

BOTH bombed, but one was expected because it's a half-assed game in a genre nobody likes. Another is a GOTY. you do the math

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
trestres said:
@konnichiwa always twisting things in favour of ps3 huh?
Compare sales of LP from 360 and PS3 and then we can say PS3 version bombed compared to the 360's one

IMO they both bombed :s...

Maybe people need to start lowering their expectations. Not every game is SSBB, Halo 3 or FFXIII. MOST games as in the VAST majority of games do not open to a 100k+ first week.

So by just about everyone's definition here 95% of games released are epic bombs.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

uggh... WE will have decent legs. I am not worried about its sales. The reason that the opening day did not compare to the PS3 version is because typically only the hardcore players buy it day one. Well, any hardcore PES player already bought the PS3 version. The Wii version is only going to sell to the casuals, thus the fact that 70,000 copies did not fly out the door on day 1. I think that if the controls are all they are being cracked up to be that we will see some really nice legs as all of the hardcore PES players will be inclined to pick it up once they have played it(I think they will rent it to see if it is worth the purchase)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

kingofwale said:
celine said:
kingofwale said:
>Wow I thought that Lost Planet will sold more in the first day on PS3 ...

being on-par with bioshock isn't bad. ;)

Except that PS3 has over triple install base than 360 in Japan ...

yeah, because Japanese just looove shooter, right?

PS3's userbase gets canceled out by the delay of the game + lack of interest in shooter + B- game.

Bioshock still should've sold better within the core of 360 Japanese owner.

Well Bioshock falls into that same shooter genre, right? Have you seen the sales of COD4? Not very good, so don't expect great sales for Bioshock on the small 360 userbase.

I would've bought a JP copy of the game, but since there was no region protection on the US version, I just bought that one (and because I was able to get it several months ago! instead of waiting for the JP release)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

>Well Bioshock falls into that same shooter genre, right? Have you seen the sales of COD4? Not very good, so don't expect great sales for Bioshock on the small 360 userbase.

But keep in mind that Bioshock is being released in a shooter-centric console.

selnor
Episode 2:

I was hoping for more (closer to 30k) - its not fantastic - but its not a bomb either.

PES on the PS3 sold 145k in Japan week#1 - and that was out the same time as the PS2, height of PES mania, etc.

If the Wii version gets close to 40k week#1 - it won't be a bad result. Pity the shipments weren't higher though.

PS3 PES now at 1.3m worldwide - wonder if the Wii version can crack 1m.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Europe is the big release for WE08 - not worried about it as I think it'll have good legs.