By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (Unfortunately, WE 2008 Wii Bombed)

Hmm, you guys think Winning Eleven bombed? Those are first day sales. We're lookin at 40-60k here, right? That's pretty darn good, imo, I don't know what we were expecting, but maybe I'm crazy.

On a side note, looks like Etrian Odyssey 2 could outsell Brawl if all the stars align.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Also :

Space Invader DS and PSP sold 2.000 units if you ad both

Burnout Paradise : 3.500 units on Xbox360, 5.000 units on PS3

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

kingofwale said:
>Wow I thought that Lost Planet will sold more in the first day on PS3 ...

being on-par with bioshock isn't bad. ;)

Except that PS3 has over triple install base than 360 in Japan ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

kamil said:
@Benga: Yes but the shipments weren't that big either. The few months delay was probably the biggest factor but let's not forget that Wii is most succesful home console in Japan. PS2 version sold on 1st day 155k and PS3 version 107k.

Yeah man, but you know as well as I do that nobody expected it to reach those numbers, when it wasn't even announced for the Wii back then. Most adopters already picked it up, some even bought PS3 for that game.

I think if it hits 50k plus for first week, it'll have sold as well as any sane predictor expected it to sell.

If the next rendition launches at the same time as the other versions, then we'll see a real comparison. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kamil said:
@Benga: Yes but the shipments weren't that big either. The few months delay was probably the biggest factor but let's not forget that Wii is most succesful home console in Japan. PS2 version sold on 1st day 155k and PS3 version 107k.

Wii might be the most popular, but can't compete with PS2 install base. Like said before WE wasn't supposed to come to Wii and the PS3 had the benefit of the franchise being (basically) Playstation exclusive in Japan (not been on GC), therefore triggering the big fans to step to PS3.

Besides that, the controls are supposed to be completely different. It probably needs alot of good reactions to trigger "legs". 

Around the Network

@Zenfolder: I gave those numbers just for comparision, I'm not saying it should top them. I think it was known for a long time that Wii version is coming not sure if actual date was set. I hope it will do 41k first week (that's my guess in prediction league).

@Benga: Wii is software-wise most important home console in Japan. PS2 may have bigger hardware userbase but in December Wii sold 3x more software and in January 5x more.

Hmmm, Im still looking forward to Lost Planet for the PS3 (just for Trophy collecting), even though I've heard how badly the game is gimped.

Be happy youre somewhat getting sympathy from me Capcom.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Wich game is EO2 ?

Also good to know Burnout Paradise has been released in Japan .Such a great game ...although only some 20 thousand japanese will enjoy it sadly .

LP (PS3) is already starting to look like a bomb...wonder how 1st week sales will come out.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"