By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is winning me over.

theprof00 said:
While you have a point that ps4 doesn't have a diversified lineup at the moment, we've seen the past three generations where they had the most. If you expect that will change now, when their direction right out of the gate was to make a system for gamers, then I'm not going to try and change your mind.

I am sorry, but that just plain isn't true of generation 7.  It is a perception borne out of two things.  Sony offered quantifiable support to their console for perhaps 6-12 months longer than Microsoft (less if you factor in the fact the console has been out a year less) and Sony had - towards the end of the generation - more JRPGs.

Microsoft matched or exceeded Sony in every other notable genre - and had the JRPG title for the first few years to boot.  Sony had a fantastic library on PS3.  It is not even close to being a shoe-in over the 360's though.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Mensrea said:
Alot of people are really saying that the PS4 has all these exclusives coming up, I would love if they would try to name some. I would like to be proved wrong, but other than The Order and driveclub, I've seen nothing. And those two games look "meh".

Why should we do work for you? Ps4 has more games and more on the way which is why its winning in sales

Throw the word 'good' in before 'games' though and it becomes an entirely different debate.

And lets not kid ourselves.  Neither console has a strong library atm, and MS has the better rest-of-year line up.

PS4 has more sales because it is $100 cheaper and because Sony's early-gen PR was golden whilst Microsoft couldn't stop tripping over themselves.

starcraft said:
theprof00 said:
While you have a point that ps4 doesn't have a diversified lineup at the moment, we've seen the past three generations where they had the most. If you expect that will change now, when their direction right out of the gate was to make a system for gamers, then I'm not going to try and change your mind.

I am sorry, but that just plain isn't true of generation 7.  It is a perception borne out of two things.  Sony offered quantifiable support to their console for perhaps 6-12 months longer than Microsoft (less if you factor in the fact the console has been out a year less) and Sony had - towards the end of the generation - more JRPGs.

Microsoft matched or exceeded Sony in every other notable genre - and had the JRPG title for the first few years to boot.  Sony had a fantastic library on PS3.  It is not even close to being a shoe-in over the 360's though.

Are even a moderator trying to condone the idea that MS have developed more 1st parties than Sony on 7 gen?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
starcraft said:
theprof00 said:

Are even a moderator trying to condone the idea that MS have developed more 1st parties than Sony on 7 gen?

Where...did anyone say anything about first parties?

starcraft said:

Throw the word 'good' in before 'games' though and it becomes an entirely different debate.

And lets not kid ourselves.  Neither console has a strong library atm, and MS has the better rest-of-year line up.

PS4 has more sales because it is $100 cheaper and because Sony's early-gen PR was golden whilst Microsoft couldn't stop tripping over themselves.

How has MS have the better year when MLB just launched (I know your aussie so you don't care about it but it's seen above expected sales I believe. I went to buy it yesterday and had to go to multiple locations to find it), TLoU, Planetside 2, DC, and The Order on the way. I mean, its obviously subjective but still.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
DonFerrari said:
starcraft said:
theprof00 said:

Where...did anyone say anything about first parties?

The "Microsoft matched or exceeded Sony..." have this conotation... now if you wanted to just say "X360 had more exclusives than PS3" it is a whole other debate, altought I still think PS3 was heads in front, maybe if even because of bias and personal preference.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

starcraft said:

PS4 has more sales because it is $100 cheaper 

All of last gen this line was why the PS3 was said to be behind the 360 (many xbox fans denied it as the reason) and now the roles have reversed. The xbox faithfull have now used this line as their defensive model.  I find it kind of of hypcritical to be used so eagerly

starcraft said:

Totally disagree, I don't even think it's close, and I'm definitely not alone.

Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:
To get a list of current and upcoming PS4 exclusives, all you have to use is google.

1. Basement Crawl / Bloober Team

2. Blacklight: Retribution* / Zombie Studios

3. Daylight* / Zombie Studios

4. DC Universe Online* / SONY Online Entertainment

5. Driveclub / Evolution Studios

6. Final Fantasy XIV* / Square Enix

7. Infamous: Second Son / Sucker Punch Productions

8. Killzone: Shadow Fall / Guerilla Games

9. Knack / SCE Japan Studio

10. The Order: 1886 / Ready at Dawn

11. PlanetSide 2* / SONY Online Entertainment

12. Primal Carnage: Genesis* / Lukewarm media

13. Super Stardust HD / Housemarque

14. War Thunder* / Gaijin Entertainment

15. Warframe* / Digital Extremes

16. Deep Down

17. Transistor* [hexashadow13]

18. Mercenary Kings* [hexashadow13]

19. Don't Starve [hexashadow13] TE

20. Octodad [hexashadow13] TE

21. Uncharted 4

22. Everquest Next

23. Rumor: A Tales of Series game for PS4

I mean, that's fine, but many of these are not PS4 exclusive, and many of them are just indies. I suppose it's not the quantity that's bothering me, but rather the quality. I mean, besides infamous, IMO the rest of the current exclusives are crap.

And yet you list Peggle 2 as a game that is swaying your opinion toward XBone.  Give me a break.

Max King of the Wild said:

How has MS have the better year when MLB just launched (I know your aussie so you don't care about it but it's seen above expected sales I believe. I went to buy it yesterday and had to go to multiple locations to find it), TLoU, Planetside 2, DC, and The Order on the way. I mean, its obviously subjective but still.

It is subjective, true.

But you equated the reason PS4 is selling better as having something substantial to do with games, and there is little to no evidence of that.  MLB has never had much of a role to play in shifting systems (though I will acknowledge its a very solid series of games for those into the sport).  

The Order is one of my most anticipated games.  But its a new IP that wont be out for months.  Planetside and TLoU?  You really think they're what has pushed sales?  TLoU wasn't even rumoured until recently.

Titanfall was the big success it was meant to be, PvZ2 is brilliant as is Dead Rising and Forza.  Quantum Break and SO look awesome.  Though as I said, neither has a strong lineup.  Frankly I find it hard to recommend either console on its merits right now.