By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is winning me over.

JPL78 said:
naruball said:

That's great. Thanks! It's a bit surprising that both TitanFall (EA) and Dead Rising 3 (Capcom) developers didn't have funding from their own companies, but I guess they were ambitious projects that needed more funding than the companies were willing to risk giving them.

Am I wrong for thinking EA had more than enough money to make Titanfall on their own? How ambitious was it really? Just a multiplayer shooter made by what is supposed to be a relatively small team. Nothing really groundbreaking graphically or production wise.

It's a bit worrying to me if Capcom now needs Microsoft to make the games they want. Capcom is the one company whose support my console of choice has to have. Why are they near bankrupting? Games like Street Fighter and Resident evil sell better than most and Dragon's Dogma was seen as a success by them I thought. Moster Hunter is always a big hit. Even if they have less than stellar sellers like Lost Planet 3 that shouldn't run them into the ground.

Well, we don't know for sure what happened with TitanFall, but the developers did say that they needed support from Sony and never got it, so who knows. They could be trying to justify their action to potential customers or it could be true, i.e. that EA wasn't willing to spend any more on a new IP. 

As for Capcom, there have been several reports about them being close to bankruptcy, which are probably exaggerations, but there must be some serious management problems, possibly similar to SE.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Well, we don't know for sure what happened with TitanFall, but the developers did say that they needed support from Sony and never got it, so who knows. They could be trying to justify their action to potential customers or it could be true, i.e. that EA wasn't willing to spend any more on a new IP. 

As for Capcom, there have been several reports about them being close to bankruptcy, which are probably exaggerations, but there must be some serious management problems, possibly similar to SE.

Well I hate to hear that anyway. They just announced the newest Monster Hunter sold 4 million and Dead Rising 3 1.2 mil. Hopefully that helped them. I hope Strider was a success because it was one of the best downloadable games I played in a while. I guess in a worst case scenario we could assume someone like 2K would buy them if they did have to sell out.

I've always loved Capcom. When I play a game developed by Capcom I know I'm getting quality, depth, replay ability and spot on gameplay controls. They have been my favorite since NES days. I wept a tear when Dead Rising 3 was announced exclusively for the One. I don't want more announcements like that.

I believe Square claims to be doing okay now, saying that Realm Reborn has been a great success and Tomb Raider finally met expectations with the definitive edition.

JPL78 said:
naruball said:

Well I hate to hear that anyway. They just announced the newest Monster Hunter sold 4 million and Dead Rising 3 1.2 mil. Hopefully that helped them. I hope Strider was a success because it was one of the best downloadable games I played in a while. I guess in a worst case scenario we could assume someone like 2K would buy them if they did have to sell out.

I've always loved Capcom. When I play a game developed by Capcom I know I'm getting quality, depth, replay ability and spot on gameplay controls. They have been my favorite since NES days. I wept a tear when Dead Rising 3 was announced exclusively for the One. I don't want more announcements like that.

I believe Square claims to be doing okay now, saying that Realm Reborn has been a great success and Tomb Raider finally met expectations with the definitive edition.

It's quite refreshing to see someone saying something positive about Capcom. I've had  a lot of fun playing games developed by them and even decisions like Dead Rising 3 and Monster hunter not coming to vita, as much as I don't like them, probably make business sense. 

naruball said:

It's quite refreshing to see someone saying something positive about Capcom. I've had  a lot of fun playing games developed by them and even decisions like Dead Rising 3 and Monster hunter not coming to vita, as much as I don't like them, probably make business sense. 

Yeah, I don't know why they catch so much hate. People say they are greedy but companies like Ubi and EA are way greedier. I know they run Street Fighter versions into the ground but they've always done that. As far as I can remember they don't push online and season passes even when that practice was at it's peak in the industry. Their publishing record isn't always amazing but for the most part games developed by them are always gold. Except maybe Resident Evil 6, that was a few steps backwards for the series. I'm hyped for Deep Down.

edit: I just remembered they did have an season pass for Revelations I think, but that's not a common practice for them.

Vasto said:
Didn't Microsoft also help Insomniac fund Sunset Overdrive?

I would assume that since they allowed Insomniac to own the IP, that means they will end up making more money if it sells well. But I do not think they strictly funded it.

Around the Network

What's sad is that Sony did all the right things from the start, and microsoft is cleaning mistakes and winning people over just by patching things, it's sad.

its so sad .
when its bayonetta 2 thread people say shut up this game will not be made without nintendo but
in Sunset Overdrive threads people doing port beggings

!
stupid !
this game will not be made without Microsoft so shut up

PaypayTR said:
its so sad .
when its bayonetta 2 thread people say shut up this game will not be made without nintendo but
in Sunset Overdrive threads people doing port beggings

!
stupid !
this game will not be made without Microsoft so shut up

Wrong thread.