By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is winning me over.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony's launch year is always, meh. If people haven't figured this out its kind of sad. Its the second and third year where it starts to build on people. I learned my less after two years of building up hype on the Xbox. It loses its steam around three years and then becomes complacent and uses PC games to fill in their software gaps.

This is the same for all companies. Not sure why you try to make it seem as if Sony has some special advantage here over MS or Nintendo, they all get better software lineups after launch. And doesn't change my opinion that the PS4 lineup right now and list of known upcoming games is extremely meh.

There is an advantage that Sony and Nintendo have over Microsoft. The actual ability to make games and actually help other companies to craft their own games. This is why it takes them time compared to Microsoft. Microsoft easily pads out their launches because they aren't making the most of their exclusive launch titles.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:
Let me prove my point on the xbox 360's huge decline of core exclusives over time. These are taken from a list from Wikipedia and I am removing games like Minecraft which was published on 360 by Microsoft bit is clearly not an exclusive. I am also removing niche exclusives like trivia games or mini game compilations that typically don't appeal to many people debating this topic.

2005: Kameo, Perfect Dark, Project Gotham 3.
Not bad, just accounts for launch really.

2006: Gears of War, 99 Nights, Viva Piñata.
Also not bad, Gear was huge. People seem to forget it takes a few years to get going.

2007: Blue Dragon, Crackdown, Forza 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Project Gotham 4, Shadowrun.
Huge Year. You are totally justified at this point in thinking 360 is superior to PS3.

2008: Banjoe Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Gears 2, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Viva Piñata 2, Too Human.
Still making an effort. Pretty good. Gears 2 really pushing the hype.

2009: Forza 3, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, Ninja Blade.
Less impressive. Halo and Forza. Predictable, kind of boring.

2010: Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Halo Reach.
Reach is good, the others mostly disappoint. Kinect is launched and focus heavily shifts towards casuals.
4 Kinect exclusives.

2011: Forza 4, Gears 3, Halo 1 remake.
Worn out sequels and Kinect/Media App focused E3 showings.
4 Kinect exclusives.

2012: Forza Horizon, Halo 4.
So....uh, 2 core exclusives is acceptable now? I've purchased a PS3 at this point.
8 Kinect Exclusives.

2013: Gears of War Judgement, Zoo Tycoon.
Yawn.
No Kinect exclusives.

2014: Fable 1 remake.
Rest in peace Xbox 360. We knew thee well.

----------

Now do a PS3 list and you'll see a striking difference. More exclusives. More variety of exclusives. Increasing as time goes on, not decreasing. Most importantly the PS3 remaining stronger than ever even with the PS4 being released. Sony being incredibly clear on the fact that they still cater to the people who own their systems and giving them what they want. Not seeing them as used up wallets and discarding them or trying to take away all their consumer freedoms until they get called out on it.

Exactly! Microsoft shells out money to pad out their weakness and if this hasn't become obvious to people its really sad by now. I love the games regardless of where they come from but its about time people realized this by now. Its been three generations now and they are STILL doing the same thing. They decline while Sonys list only seems to grow as the gen progresses. Microsofts all show when it comes down to it. They only care about the first impression and not exactly the long haul. This generation Microsoft might trail Sony all generation so they will need to shell out even more for exclusives this generation.

Vasto said:

Final Fantasy XIV? Its a failed pc mmo where you have to buy the game and then on top of that pay monthly to play it. Been there done that,  got my Scholor to level 40 from doing nonthing but boring 10 year old combat and fex ex  questing. Uninstalled from pure boredom of another wow clone.  Sorry but games like Titanfall are played way more then something like Final Fantasy XIV. 

No. The original Final Fantasy XIV was a failure. The reworked relaunch A Realm Reborn is hugely popular and critically acclaimed. I'm sorry you got bored with it but it's continuing fan base certainly hasn't. I think it's like 2 million current subscribers. Anyway, because you don't like something doesn't make it not count in the argument.

Its also a perfect example because it represents 2 genres that Microsoft typically ignores completely. JRPGs and MMOs.

if games like Titanfall are played more it is because 10 million teenage dude bros all run out, buy one shooter and play it non stop all year. Tea bag each other and scream racial slurs at each other's moms. If that is what you want Xbox One is clearly the system for you so enjoy it. I won't stop you!

naruball said:
Vasto said:

Final Fantasy XIV? Its a failed pc mmo where you have to buy the game and then on top of that pay monthly to play it. Been there done that,  got my Scholor to level 40 from doing nonthing but boring 10 year old combat and fex ex  questing. Uninstalled from pure boredom of another wow clone.  Sorry but games like Titanfall are played way more then something like Final Fantasy XIV. 

Oh, have there been any statistics released on playtime of Titanfall and FFXIV?

Google?

JPL78 said:
Vasto said:

No. The original Final Fantasy XIV was a failure. The reworked relaunch A Realm Reborn is hugely popular and critically acclaimed. I'm sorry you got bored with it but it's continuing fan base certainly hasn't. I think it's like 2 million current subscribers. Anyway, because you don't like something doesn't make it not count in the argument.

Its also a perfect example because it represents 2 genres that Microsoft typically ignores completely. JRPGs and MMOs.

if games like Titanfall are played more it is because 10 million teenage dude bros all run out, buy one shooter and play it non stop all year. Tea bag each other and scream racial slurs at each other's moms. If that is what you want Xbox One is clearly the system for you so enjoy it. I won't stop you!

You talking to a mmo player. Just look at my Raptr sig. Square wont even release active sub numbers for Final Fantasy XIV. They made a statement saying that Final Fantasy XIV had 2 million registered accounts not subs. Thats a clear sign that sub numbers are not good when companies do that.  I am 1 of those 2 million and would not touch the game again even if it went free to play.

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/252/over-2-million-registered-for-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn

Around the Network
Vasto said:

You talking to a mmo player. Just look at my Raptr sig. Square wont even release active sub numbers for Final Fantasy XIV. They made a statement saying that Final Fantasy XIV had 2 million registered accounts not subs. Thats a clear sign that sub numbers are not good when companies do that.  I am 1 of those 2 million and would not touch the game again even if it went free to play.

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/252/over-2-million-registered-for-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn

That's even sadder as an MMO player you think PS4 having a major MMO release on their system is irrelevant. Most people are digging the shit out of it. I am starting to get bored with it but that is after 200 hours spent playing. I'm not really in to stressful endgame raids. I still think I have more than gotten my 70 dollars worth (40 for game, 30 for two months) I'll be playing off and on between other releases up through June when my time runs out.

But my original point, worded a bit sloppy I guess because you distorted it was that I personally spent WAY more time in FF XIV than I would have any of Microsofts Xbox One exclusives. To complete Ryse, Dead Rising and Forza MIGHT have eaten up 50 hours of my time (mostly Forza).

i was never saying every player would get far more gameplay out of Final Fantasy XIV. Obviously I know the insane amount of time shooter fans spend fragging each other. I guess I should have said FF XIV held more game play "for me" but I thought that was assumed. My bad.

to be fair though, you calling it "failed" is complete bullshit though. Everyone including Square considers A Realm Reborn to be a great success. You not liking it doesn't make it a failure.

I am a PC gamer so why should I care about Final Fantasy XIV being on PS4?

You still don't get it. You can grind fates and hit max level in Final Fantasy XIV in a couple of days because that's what a lot of people did. Its a themepark mmo and that's what people do in those types of games. Sorry but just because you can sit and play something like Final Fantasy XIV all day there are other people that can also do the same with games like Dead Rising and Forza.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony's launch year is always, meh. If people haven't figured this out its kind of sad. Its the second and third year where it starts to build on people. I learned my less after two years of building up hype on the Xbox. It loses its steam around three years and then becomes complacent and uses PC games to fill in their software gaps.

This is the same for all companies. Not sure why you try to make it seem as if Sony has some special advantage here over MS or Nintendo, they all get better software lineups after launch. And doesn't change my opinion that the PS4 lineup right now and list of known upcoming games is extremely meh.

Agreed both consoles are meh if you ask me. Sunset overdrive looks like DR3 with a few changes.  Not one exclusive this gen has impressed me at all but if I had to pick my favorite it's infamous I love super hero related things.

The only games that are really impressive are all multi plat and since the x1 can't run multi plats at 1080 I see no point in owning the system. Returned mine a week after owning it.

Just wait for E3.

Vasto said:
I am a PC gamer so why should I care about Final Fantasy XIV being on PS4?

You still don't get it. You can grind fates and hit max level in Final Fantasy XIV in a couple of days because that's what a lot of people did. Its a themepark mmo and that's what people do in those types of games. Sorry but just because you can sit and play something like Final Fantasy XIV all day there are other people that can also do the same with games like Dead Rising and Forza.

No, you don't get it. Lots of people don't play on PCs and a lot of people want console MMOs. What you want is not what every single gamer ever wants. Find me one person who can play Dead Rising for 200 hours. I say that, by the way, as someone who puts the original Dead Rising in my all time top 10 games.

You say FF is a failure because you don't like it but every single person I've talked to except for you who played it loves it. You say a lot of people just run through it in a couple of days (impossible by the way in FF XIV) and I know a lot of people still playing since launch last August.

*shrugs*

I don't know what to tell you. We just disagree but you definitely seem to have a bug up your ass about it.