By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is winning me over.

TheGoldenBoy said:

That happens a lot of times though LOL. We get hyped and then when the games actually release they don't turn out how we think they did. I agree that except for Sony taking direct shots at Mircrosoft, their conference was really boring. I didn't really care for any of it except for their response to Microsoft's plan. This E3 I hope they really focus on their exclusives. Hell if their conference if even 50% like the leaked rumours ones, then I'll be extremely happy.

Not to derail the thread here but I think part of the problem may have been Sony stretching themselves across as many events as they did. They went all out on their reveal event which I think hurt them at E3 because what would have been big news turned into "oh... we already knew that". Then at Gamescom they crammed a bunch of smaller titles, talked about Japanese third-party games at the SCEJA conference and TGS, then announced Uncharted 4 at the launch event.

Imagine if, say, Infamous and Killzone hadn't been announced yet. If they waited to reveal Destiny at E3 and didn't put on a big display for Watch Dogs until then. What if, in closing, they played the trailer for Uncharted 4? Pretty sure opinions of Sony's E3 would have been much different. By comparison, Microsoft pretty much lobbed everything they had at us in one event. They made a closed event announcement of Fable Legends and Fighter Within at Gamescom. After that they were pretty much tapped for the rest of the year.

This time there are no excuses and I think both companies know that. Which makes me pretty sure this is going to be one for the books as far as what gets shown off by both.

Around the Network
Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:
To get a list of current and upcoming PS4 exclusives, all you have to use is google.

1. Basement Crawl / Bloober Team

2. Blacklight: Retribution* / Zombie Studios

3. Daylight* / Zombie Studios

4. DC Universe Online* / SONY Online Entertainment

5. Driveclub / Evolution Studios

6. Final Fantasy XIV* / Square Enix

7. Infamous: Second Son / Sucker Punch Productions

8. Killzone: Shadow Fall / Guerilla Games

9. Knack / SCE Japan Studio

10. The Order: 1886 / Ready at Dawn

11. PlanetSide 2* / SONY Online Entertainment

12. Primal Carnage: Genesis* / Lukewarm media

13. Super Stardust HD / Housemarque

14. War Thunder* / Gaijin Entertainment

15. Warframe* / Digital Extremes

16. Deep Down

17. Transistor* [hexashadow13]

18. Mercenary Kings* [hexashadow13]

19. Don't Starve [hexashadow13] TE

20. Octodad [hexashadow13] TE

21. Uncharted 4

22. Everquest Next

23. Rumor: A Tales of Series game for PS4

I mean, that's fine, but many of these are not PS4 exclusive, and many of them are just indies. I suppose it's not the quantity that's bothering me, but rather the quality. I mean, besides infamous, IMO the rest of the current exclusives are crap.

The only reason you are getting this response is because of your OP, that you are already trying to go back from... Had you just said MS exclusives are tempting you no one would bother to answer, and that is probably why you phrased the OP as you have...

And you bought the console just because you tought the games were bad?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:
To get a list of current and upcoming PS4 exclusives, all you have to use is google.

1. Basement Crawl / Bloober Team

2. Blacklight: Retribution* / Zombie Studios

3. Daylight* / Zombie Studios

4. DC Universe Online* / SONY Online Entertainment

5. Driveclub / Evolution Studios

6. Final Fantasy XIV* / Square Enix

7. Infamous: Second Son / Sucker Punch Productions

8. Killzone: Shadow Fall / Guerilla Games

9. Knack / SCE Japan Studio

10. The Order: 1886 / Ready at Dawn

11. PlanetSide 2* / SONY Online Entertainment

12. Primal Carnage: Genesis* / Lukewarm media

13. Super Stardust HD / Housemarque

14. War Thunder* / Gaijin Entertainment

15. Warframe* / Digital Extremes

16. Deep Down

17. Transistor* [hexashadow13]

18. Mercenary Kings* [hexashadow13]

19. Don't Starve [hexashadow13] TE

20. Octodad [hexashadow13] TE

21. Uncharted 4

22. Everquest Next

23. Rumor: A Tales of Series game for PS4

I mean, that's fine, but many of these are not PS4 exclusive, and many of them are just indies. I suppose it's not the quantity that's bothering me, but rather the quality. I mean, besides infamous, IMO the rest of the current exclusives are crap.

Even if its only on PC and PS4, it is still exclusive to one console platform, Sony. Since when is indies bad? Wait let me guess you haven't played them because most of them is not even out yet.

Indies aren't bad by any means, but I have a gaming PC that I've played many of them on already. And if your arguing that an indy caries as much qeight as something like sunset overdrive, then I'm gonna have to say goodnight.

Sunset overdrive looks meh to me. Was not interested in it since the very first time I saw it. Games like Deep Down is more interesting to me.  With that I say goodnight.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Even if its only on PC and PS4, it is still exclusive to one console platform, Sony. Since when is indies bad? Wait let me guess you haven't played them because most of them is not even out yet.

Indies aren't bad by any means, but I have a gaming PC that I've played many of them on already. And if your arguing that an indy caries as much qeight as something like sunset overdrive, then I'm gonna have to say goodnight.

You have a gaming PC, complain that some of those titles aren't proper exclusive, but list Titanfall and PvZ in your list of reasons to own an X1?

Seems legit.

Max King of the Wild said:
Angelus said:

Don't kid yourself. The PS4 is winning in sales because it's 100 bucks cheaper, available in more countries, and MS shot themselves in the foot with the reveal and DRM.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying the PS4 has no games on the way and that people who owned Sony systems in the past have no faith those games will come. Most certainly there will be amazing games coming, and the faith in that is justified. But it's not why they're winning in sales right now.

Also people need to stop jumping on this guy for expressing his OPINION that Microsoft has come out of the gate stronger with their commitment to games SO FAR this gen. Especially when that's a very arguably fair point.

Don't kid yourself. The countries MS havent launched in won't help them regain marketshare when they do launch and a much more expensive with a late start matched or exceeded the 360. PS has more brand recognition than XB and on similar price points and same countries PS > XB still... as weve seen in the month of march.

I'm sorry, are you refuting that the fact that PS4 is the only platform of the two available in many countries around the world isn't boosting it's sales even further ahead of the X1 than it would have been if both were available in these countries from day 1? Because if not, my point stands. It's a big time boost for PS4, not just now, but in the long run when X1 will be fighting against people buying into the system their friends already own there.

Sure in many of these places PS4 would have outsold the X1 even if it had launched there, but it would have still given it better chances there moving forward, and therefore helped sales.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, and I'm off to bed. 

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You have a gaming PC, complain that some of those titles aren't proper exclusive, but list Titanfall and PvZ in your list of reasons to own an X1?

Seems legit.

Don't we know that??? Even more when he says MS is producing the games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zekkyou said:
Mensrea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Seems legit.

This is getting way out of hand. The OP just seems like he is doing this on purpose now. 

Angelus said:

I'm sorry, are you refuting that the fact that PS4 is the only platform of the two available in many countries around the world isn't boosting it's sales even further ahead of the X1 than it would have been if both were available in these countries from day 1? Because if not, my point stands. It's a big time boost for PS4, not just now, but in the long run when X1 will be fighting against people buying into the system their friends already own there.

Sure in many of these places PS4 would have outsold the X1 even if it had launched there, but it would have still given it better chances there moving forward, and therefore helped sales.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, and I'm off to bed. 

Those couple thousand sales (yes thousand) in those other countries arent going to be much for XB1 when it releases

I'm not arguing at all. I'm just saying how it is. If he is using Titanfall, then I can use Warframe and the like.

I respect his opinion, but you gotta give credit for the right reasons.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

imo this gen hasnt really started we havent really seen any game show us next gen gameplay like we saw with uncharted gears and COD last gen we should be seeing  these titles by 2015.  if i was in the market for a next gen console i would want one that will play 3rd partys superior since most games will be multi platform and in this gens case like the last one that console is also cheaper.  every gen each console usually always has exclusives for every fanbase but if you feel that you need to have/play a certain exclusive on a certain console than by all means get that console

infamous recently released on PS4 and theres a slew of PS exclusives released or releasing, as a gamer it wouldnt be wise to dismiss PS4 as having a diverse and a sheer amount of AAA exclusives especially after what weve seen with ps2 and 3.  PVZ, titanfall, future deadrising's and peggle 2 will come to PS4, once the PS4 builds up in even bigger sales lead it will be harder/expensiver for MS to acquire these timed exclusives

Play Me