By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is winning me over.

starcraft said:
chocoloco said:
starcraft said:

PS4 has more sales because it is $100 cheaper 

All of last gen this line was why the PS3 was said to be behind the 360 (many xbox fans denied it as the reason) and now the roles have reversed. The xbox faithfull have now used this line as their defensive model.  I find it kind of of hypcritical to be used so eagerly

Why am I hypocritcal for something other people said years ago?

Offer a counter argument.  You truly believe current or imminent games are playing more of a role in PS4 sales than price, brand recognition and a series of good/bad PR by Sony/Microsoft respectively?

Its fine if you do - but don't just lump me in with diehard Xbox fanboys from years ago.

I am only mentioning this because you wrote it in a thread I am following. Many others have wrote the price as the main reason for the X1 lagging behind PS4. I could have wrote it to many others. I just caught you live. Perhaps you were defending the PS3, or not with the same ideas years ago. Who knows?  It is still really funny for a console sales/wars chat. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
starcraft said:
DonFerrari said:

And you didn't liked any of the games you played so far on PS4?

Infamous has been the standout - i loved 1 & 2 though.

Currently working through Child of Light which is good.

Since I preffer to buy my games cheaper, the beggining of a gen is a drag for me, bought just Infamous and loved it (but tought the story meh). Returning home I'll lend a lot of my friend's games and will have a little more fun. Hope you enjoy it, probably will take a lot of your time.

Yeah I suspect so!  I am pumped for the Order next!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Sunset Overdrive looks great, but it's still the only title that interests me

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

chocoloco said:
starcraft said:
chocoloco said:
starcraft said:

PS4 has more sales because it is $100 cheaper 

All of last gen this line was why the PS3 was said to be behind the 360 (many xbox fans denied it as the reason) and now the roles have reversed. The xbox faithfull have now used this line as their defensive model.  I find it kind of of hypcritical to be used so eagerly

Why am I hypocritcal for something other people said years ago?

Offer a counter argument.  You truly believe current or imminent games are playing more of a role in PS4 sales than price, brand recognition and a series of good/bad PR by Sony/Microsoft respectively?

Its fine if you do - but don't just lump me in with diehard Xbox fanboys from years ago.

I am only mentioning this because you wrote it in a thread I am following. Many others have wrote the price as the main reason for the X1 lagging behind PS4. I could have wrote it toomany others. I just caught you live. Perhaps you were defending the PS3, or not with the same ideas years ago. Who knows?  It is still really funny for a console sales/wars chat. 

And to just prove price isn't the sole factor... besides US all the other regions even with PS3 a lot more expensive than X360 it still came on top, and even during the beggining of the gen it wasn't as bad as someone would expect when your console have a premium of 50% against the main competitor and cost 100% more than the other one... And I don't think America is the only place people are price sensitive, even more on average income isn't that low.

But I'm sure price is a great part of the reason behind PS3 slow start and PS4 dominance.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DD_Bwest said:

and im saving this one

And I'm saving this one.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
DonFerrari said:
starcraft said:
DonFerrari said:

And you didn't liked any of the games you played so far on PS4?

Infamous has been the standout - i loved 1 & 2 though.

Currently working through Child of Light which is good.

Since I preffer to buy my games cheaper, the beggining of a gen is a drag for me, bought just Infamous and loved it (but tought the story meh). Returning home I'll lend a lot of my friend's games and will have a little more fun. Hope you enjoy it, probably will take a lot of your time.

Yeah I suspect so!  I am pumped for the Order next!

The Order is probably a game I'll buy full price, since I won't rebuy TLOU for 60,00. Driveclub will try the PS+ and if I like will buy when hit 30,00... now UC4 I won't discuss, will be day one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

starcraft said:

I am sorry, but that just plain isn't true of generation 7.  It is a perception borne out of two things.  Sony offered quantifiable support to their console for perhaps 6-12 months longer than Microsoft (less if you factor in the fact the console has been out a year less) and Sony had - towards the end of the generation - more JRPGs.

Microsoft matched or exceeded Sony in every other notable genre - and had the JRPG title for the first few years to boot.  Sony had a fantastic library on PS3.  It is not even close to being a shoe-in over the 360's though.

That may have been the case for you personally, but critically speaking (which is the only non-subjective way we can judge these types of things) the PS3 ended up a decent amount ahead of the 360 in both quantity and quality of exclusives, despite having a year less on the market.

Sure, if we include that some game used to be exclusive you could argue that the 360 and the PS3 were about equal through their lifetime. In the present day though, that's not the case.

badgenome said:
DD_Bwest said:

and im saving this one

And I'm saving this one.

I'm not saving this one. Let is drown.

Zekkyou said:
badgenome said:
DD_Bwest said:

and im saving this one

And I'm saving this one.

I'm not saving this one. Let is drown.

I'm saving the grammar mistake.

Yea I only own a Ps4, but I'm thinking about buying an Xbox One later this year. Perhaps even a Wii U as well soon too. X looks pretty sweet.