By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you want Sony or Microsoft to do a "digital event" instead of an E3 press conference?

Conference or Digital Event!

Conference 207 53.21%

Digital Event 99 25.45%

Who cares? E3 is E3 83 21.34%

Total:389

I wouldn't really care if I would get to see some trailers and gameplay in a show like Sony and Microsoft will have or how Nintendo does it or if they would simply release videos on Youtube without any show or presentation at all but I think it is much better how Sony and Microsoft do it for media attention because I think the media (especially TV) will show more of a real conference with light show and bla...It's just a better format to present parts of it on television.

Around the Network

Well Microsoft propensity to have canned audiences some years they might as well. But I don't care either way, it one way to make sure no technology glitches get in the way of the presentation.

crissindahouse said:

I wouldn't really care if I would get to see some trailers and gameplay in a show like Sony and Microsoft will have or how Nintendo does it or if they would simply release videos on Youtube without any show or presentation at all but I think it is much better how Sony and Microsoft do it for media attention because I think the media (especially TV) will show more of a real conference with light show and bla...It's just a better format to present parts of it on television.

Lord knows I could be wrong, but I don't believe E3 has EVER been shown in any form on tv. 

Of course they need a live conference. How else would they fake live reactions.

random15 said:
Lol Nintendo fans are happy with anything Nontendo makes/does. And no. Nothing beats a live audience/reactions.

Like you really know what Nintendo fans are happy with.  I'll tell you that I'm happy about Bayonetta 2.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
random15 said:
Lol Nintendo fans are happy with anything Nontendo makes/does. And no. Nothing beats a live audience/reactions.

Like you really know what Nintendo fans are happy with.  I'll tell you that I'm happy about Bayonetta 2.

I guess no ps/xbone fans will ever want the game. They can't watch a video of us being excited about it, lol.

It all depends on rather or not you are introverted or extroverted. Extroverts will want a live conference because that appeals to them. Introverts just want the info the in the most efficient manner, which is digital direct.

Conferences > Directs.
I wish Nintendo would see this. Though I'm curious to how this "Digital Event" is going to be like.

nah, you need those staged claps to get people excited.

Conference live is always more exciting. Especially the unrehearsed gems and memes that come from it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.