By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you want Sony or Microsoft to do a "digital event" instead of an E3 press conference?

Conference or Digital Event!

Conference 207 53.21%

Digital Event 99 25.45%

Who cares? E3 is E3 83 21.34%

Total:389
fleischr said:
MohammadBadir said:
Conferences > Directs.
I wish Nintendo would see this. Though I'm curious to how this "Digital Event" is going to be like.

Remember the live conference they had for the WiiU launch? With Nintendoland fireworks? That was awful.

And remember the conference that they revealed Zelda TP in? That was amazing.

My point is that some conferences are awesome, some are good, and some are bad. I'd prefer that over just good Directs.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Live presentations only work if the content is really good, content is easily presented, and the presenter has gravitas.

I never want to see another Nintendo press conference like the one they did @ E3 prior to the Wii U launch. You know, the one with the Nintendoland fireworks.

I'd rather see a digital event done well then a live one done poorly.

That wasn't the worst Nintendo E3 conference though! Remember Nintendo's E3 2008 conference?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'd rather have a fantastic live event than a fantastic digital one.
But usually the live events are less than fantastic from all parties. So I can hope Nintendo provides a better quality experience instead of just taking a lackluster E3 and putting it online.

I just wish you didn't have to waste so much time on crap to get the 15-20 minutes of good stuff in these 90 minute press events, but could still watch it with that "live event" excitement.

sales2099 said:
Conference live is always more exciting. Especially the unrehearsed gems and memes that come from it.

True there are no unrehearsed gems, but memes?

http://youtu.be/5e_dJHLsuPM

I would like them to do Microsoft and Sony directs regularly but at E3 you have to do a well done conference, not a shitty video conference.

Around the Network

If it were supplemental to a normal press conference that would be fine. I think some fans, not just nintendo's, would be well served in taking a step back and remembering that e3 isn't about them, it's about the media.

RealGamingExpert said:
I hate those live conferences. Not because Nintendo isnt doing one this year, but because there is always so much unnecessary talking. I just want trailers and important information, i dont care about the rest!

This is the exact reason i really like the digital route that Nintendo has taken

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Now that E3 is on TV theres no way Microsoft and Sony will follow Nintendo. They have the audiences not only on the internet but also on television.

Lol. Nintendo is skipping because they have very few games to show and their hardware isnt doing great. Why are you dragging sony / microsoft in to this? To see others to take the route of "surrender" which nintendo has adopted? Grow up man.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

daredevil.shark said:
Lol. Nintendo is skipping because they have very few games to show and their hardware isnt doing great. Why are you dragging sony / microsoft in to this? To see others to take the route of "surrender" which nintendo has adopted? Grow up man.

Exactly. At last years E3 it looked like they were runnings scared from Sony and Microsofts competition because their shows werent very big.