By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox360 DMC4 selling as well as PS3 - Capcom justified?

goldenpp72 said:
the best selling DMC didn't reach 3 million on the ps2 userbase of 100+ million, this game very likely could break 3 million on both consoles combined, so I would say it's easily justified.

What this man said.

Around the Network

Capcom has the most well thought-out and best longterm strategy for the high definition market out of all the Japanese companies. Release on 360 early and then multi-plat everything once both systems are out. Reserve special games for the Wii and keep developmental costs down on the system, allowing them to sell less games and still turn a profit.

Out of their last 5 or 6 major releases, I think every one has been a success. And they have barely begun to touch on their massive franchises this generation.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

yeah i think its obvious that releasing on both 360 and PS3 is the best way to go for 3rd parties.

and i think that multiplats help the PS3 more than the 360 anyway because the two consoles are pretty even in Europe and NA but every multiplat functions as an exclusive for PS3 in Japan.

The more amazing multiplats that come out mean more gamers in Japan will want a ps3 since they dont buy 360 in japan...and help ps3 vs wii there

I was angry at first ... but it really was a good decision ... this will become the bests selling DMC game ever :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
It was justified

BUT

the sales if it was a Ps3 exclusive we can say would've been much higher...

but I feel its justified

Are you saying overall sales or the sales of the PS3 version? Because if you mean the latter, then the Xbox version would have sold a lot more if it was an Xbox exclusive as well.

And if you mean the former... then definitely not.

Of course it was justified. It was a good decision based on the lower PS3 sales. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It was. Ps3/360 is seeming the way to go.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It was a good idea. I must say that people have been disappointed that the game doesn't play "next-gen" though. I don't know if that has anything to do with PS3/360 development or not.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

relaseing it on bolth systems was a good idea

If they werent getting any Sony money to stay exclusive they have made a good decision .The game will sell two times as much .