By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83

Fixed your OP, the italics and stuff.

/stealthmodedits

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:
it's just an option
buy the full game if you don't want the limitation
save 10 bucks if you don't mind the limitation

simple. No problem.

Buy all the character's if you don't want to only play Jago

save money if you don't mind only playing Jago

simple. No problem.

lol

this must be a joke

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:

What would happen if there was no upgrade option at all?

1 - PS+ edition "free" for PS+ subscribers
2 - Full game for people who... buy the full game.

With the upgrade, what's the situation

2 - Full game for people who... buy the full game
3 - If for some reason you want to save 10 bucks and don't mind having the game tied to the subscription, you upgrade instead of buying the full game

So yes, like Evolution said, it is merely an additional option. There is no harm for the consumers.

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option. I don't give a damn about those who know about the option. Those who are ignorant, will be taken advantage of. Their is no benefit to them, this is sketchy as fuck. Offer the upgrade from PS+ without the subscription requirement, or better yet make the PS+ version a demo for all consumers.

This is the same kind of defense of what Xbox did last summer. You either don't understand/fathom the ramifcations of this or you are simply a hypocrit.

MS Fans know that I will be on their case for the sh1t they let MS pull over the years, this is no exception. Its a bad deal undoubtedly, a bad option that is worse than no option at all.

This is not the same as what MS tried last summer, you just need to step away from this for a second and calm down. Just to remind you, MS tried to force always online DRM on all their games, no matter how you bought them. Do you see the difference here?

This is a simple option, you can get the game (even digitally), while completely ignoring this.

Also this "those who are ignorant will be taken advantage of." how many people do you think are seriously going to take harm from this? How many people are going to unknowingly do this PS Plus upgrade and then have their PS Plus run out while they're still playing the game? A couple hundred maybe? You are making a big fuss about how this is a big slap in the face to PS4 fans, when in reality the only people that could potentially be hurt by this are a couple hundred idiots that are too lazy to read a simple description.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:

3 - If for some reason you want to save 10 bucks and don't mind having the game tied to the subscription, you upgrade instead of buying the full game

So yes, like Evolution said, it is merely an additional option. There is no harm for the consumers.

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option. I don't give a damn about those who know about the option. Those who are ignorant, will be taken advantage of. Their is no benefit to them, this is sketchy as fuck. Offer the upgrade from PS+ without the subscription requirement, or better yet make the PS+ version a demo for all consumers.

This is the same kind of defense of what Xbox did last summer. You either don't understand/fathom the ramifcations of this or you are simply a hypocrit.

MS Fans know that I will be on their case for the sh1t they let MS pull over the years, this is no exception. Its a bad deal undoubtedly, a bad option that is worse than no option at all.

I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you, judging by your attitude it seems you are mad over something else that isn't this, and judging by your sig and your previous post I think i know what it is.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:

Not sure where your DRM argument comes in to play for this specific title. The real issue here is the overall value for the PS+ version seemingly sucks versus the retail copy. Or even that the unaware PS+ subsrciber might not know that after spending $50 they may lose all access to it when they let their subscription expire, which happens to all DLC sales on PS+.

I also think we are missing out on whether the entire game is played online and requires a PS+ subscription to play either the retail or the PS+ version. If so I think this whole thing is a wash.

At this point it seems that Sony is treating it as a full title and the rest as DLC which seems like a pretty bad deal to me but nothing to be getting all up in arms over.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:

This is not the same as what MS tried last summer, you just need to step away from this for a second and calm down. Just to remind you, MS tried to force always online DRM on all their games, no matter how you bought them. Do you see the difference here?

This is a simple option, you can get the game (even digitally), while completely ignoring this.

Also this "those who are ignorant will be taken advantage of." how many people do you think are seriously going to take harm from this? How many people are going to unknowingly do this PS Plus upgrade and then have their PS Plus run out while they're still playing the game? A couple hundred maybe? You are making a big fuss about how this is a big slap in the face to PS4 fans, when in reality the only people that could potentially be hurt by this are a couple hundred idiots that are too lazy to read a simple description.

dont waste your time with him just see his post history.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I would go with it just being a dumb option moreso than anti-consumer.

I do not get why Sony does not just make it "Hey, have PS+? Great, here is a free stripped down version. Of course if you want to buy the full game that is great. It is $60, but PS+ folks get it for $50 and like all PSN purchases you keep it regardless of PS+ membership or not in the future."

The big issue with the potential X1 structure was the lack of options and being forced to register games and all.

It's some serious bullshit and I hope their will be backlash against this so they don't do it in futures games.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Why would you want to stop paying for PS+?

chapset said:
It's some serious bullshit and I hope their will be backlash against this so they don't do it in futures games.

yeah bcuz nobody wants a free game.