By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo's Financials Actually ACTUALLY Mean... Probably...

There's some element of truth there; we can always say the silver lining to not selling more is that they didn't lose more on the hardware. Yet I doubt that dooming their console with lack of marketing and support was the business plan.

The plan more likely would have been to sell 9 million like they said last year, taking a loss in order to boost the future of the platform.

Cost reduction isn't just a matter of waiting, it also needs a strong expectation of future sales. Like moving the SoC from 45nm to 32nm may not be cost effective at ~3.5 million units a year.  As many as 10 million units may be needed to break even.  Wii U may possibly not sell another 10 million lifetime, making economic cost reduction of the SoC impossible.  Some parts like memory & LCD screen which are not bespoke components could fall in price automatically, assuming they are not obsolete.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

The Reach.

my favorite part is when the op said "think about all of this, it DOES make sense".

OK cool now explain why there keeping sales ridiculously low for this next year with a forecast of 3.6m

So investors are calling for change because nintendo is doing great with the low sales? Iwata's approval rating lowered cause it was part of the plan to sell less?

Are you being sarcastic?

Around the Network

I love when Nintendo is in trouble, cause Nintendo fans get really creative! Bring more doom, I personally can't wait!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Best sarcasm thread in a while.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo isn't structured in a way to make money. They know how to sell a console for profit and they know how to make a profit on the games they release, but as far as how to be a competitive, organized, and functioning business they know less than their competition.

I really hope this is a parody thread.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

So Nintendo is selling crazy bad on purpose until the WiiU gets profitable so they can sell more o_o sorry I'm confused, I feel like I was hit by a train..

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...