By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo's Financials Actually ACTUALLY Mean... Probably...

Fusioncode said:
I really hope this is a parody thread.

Why? Seeing the other side of the spectrum is deemed hazardous to you lot? Actually, given the responses so far, I fear that may be truthful.

Even if there are holes in OP's post, at least someone is trying to analyze the other side of the coin while many of the replyers in this thread seem narrow-mindedly adamant to stick to one side and refuse to let go.

There are always two sides to a story. Just because we aren't aware of it doesn't mean said side is nonexistent.

Around the Network
Altruino said:
Fusioncode said:

Why? Seeing the other side of the spectrum is deemed hazardous to you lot? Actually, given the responses so far, I fear that may be truthful.

Even if there are holes in OP's post, at least someone is trying to analyze the other side of the coin while many of the replyers in this thread seem narrow-mindedly adamant to stick to one side and refuse to let go.

There are always two sides to a story. Just because we aren't aware of it doesn't mean said side is nonexistent.

He said that Iwata WANTS the WiiU to sell terribly for years until it becomes profitable. That was Nintendo's big plan. Do I even have to bother explaining why that makes no sense? No, no, it should be obvious. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

it makes sense not to launch the big guns before wii-u is profitble.. Yes.. (especally when we know how much nintendo hate losses)

And what about that share buyback program.. is higher estimate not = higher share price = less buyback ?

(and to the "Nintendo only forecastet 3,6 mill".. Iwata said they made a low estimate this time.. could easy end up higher)

it make sense to me. I mean, Cartman did the same thing and it really pay off

Altruino said:
Fusioncode said:

More than two sides. This isn't one of them.

Around the Network

It seems some people caught onto my attempt to remain positive instead of just thinking negatively about it all.

In all seriousness, though, I'm laughing about the "oh so why did they only predict 3.6 mil consoles for the next fiscal year?" replies. Sony predicted 5 mil by March, and sold 7.1 mil. So what's your point? That 3.6 mil is some sort of limit? They could end up selling double that for all we know, haha

I guess I get tired of seeing a big public entity make a mistake, and everyone jumps on their social media high horses and parades around waving their 500+ IQ flags

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
theprof00 said:
Nintendo isn't structured in a way to make money. They know how to sell a console for profit and they know how to make a profit on the games they release, but as far as how to be a competitive, organized, and functioning business they know less than their competition.

a company that's been in the video game business for 20+ years, up against the arcades, atari, sega, and sony doesn't know how to compete, be organized and above all, be a functioning business.....

you mind elaborating on that a little more?

So... you're saying that Nintendo, a gaming company, is doing the equivalent of sports team tanking for a better future? I'm not even going to waste my time other than saying we'll wait and see how the Wii U turns out. Although I will bookmark this for future reference if you don't mind.

I highly doubt that Nintendo was sabotaging their own console's sales just because it wasn't profitable for them. If their primary aim was to sell consoles at a profit, they would have released the Wii U for a profitable price at launch.

However, there is something conspicuous about the timing here, in that Mario Kart 8 is being released almost immediately upon this being announced. As with New Super Mario Bros 2 and the 3DS, it appears that Nintendo intentionally timed their biggest Wii U release of the year to coincide with the hardware's profitability.

Can't be true as they woulda just waited until they could sell the system at a profit before releasing it, and they certainly wouldn't have had a price cut already.