By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii tops PS3, even on an off week.

Nintendo did have an off week. They should have put more sytems out..

Its better than Sony or MS off weeks... usually due to them not able to sell systems.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

yeah, it shows its selling power thats for sure.
when the numbers came up for Japan, I said "dammit"

not for the wiis numbers, but at the comparatively low PS3 numbers.

but then of course the 360 is soooo low, that it still makes the PS3 look like a winner in some small way.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Troll_Monster said:
if the wii had an off week, and manufacturing remains the same, then who could their be a shortage?

to me this coninual use of "wii shortages" is starting to get a little old, one would think that by now Nintendo could and should be pumping out Wiis much faster than they are, could it be that Nintendo them selvs don't see the wii lasting that long and because of this they don't want to risk creating more factories in case there assumptions turn out true and wii's bubble burst???

just something to think about.

Yeah, you can tell Nintendo is starting to get scared now that it takes 20 minutes for Wii's to sell out now instead of the reported 10 minutes. When the Wii's can be found 30 minutes after the store opens, Nintendo should start packing it up - the Wii is finished.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

There is much weakness in the PS3, as I have said it will not reach 50 million, in fact 40 million is highly unlikely, more like 30 million give or take

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Can someone explain this?
250$.
500$.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
bullshit... bullshit... they don't want to risk creating more factories ...bullshit.

just something to think about.

Sure; Nintendo is creating factories now. Oh GOD!!!

CrazzyMan said:
250$.
500$.

Indeed...

* customer walking into store *

Customer : Hello, I'd like to purchase the all-new, all-mighty, next-gen, THE CONSOLE, PS3! 

Employee : Certainly, sir. It's $500, you pay over the counter then come here with the reciept to take it.

Customer : 500$ ?!?! I don't have that much, and I cannot save that much. Oh well, what's that white gimmick? The one that the old lady is picking up?

Employee : That's Nintendo's Wii; It's at 250$ and ...

Customer : I want any console right now, even a crappy one. GIMME!

CrazzyMan said:
250$.
500$.

Or

SSB:B

Nothing

Here's the dope. Anyone who didn't know the PS3 numbers were gonna be lower this week in Japan, than they were last week, didn't believe DMC raised the PS3 sales. What did you think, that the PS3 was just having off weeks?

The PS3 sells very poorly in Japan, compaired to everything, but the 360.

As for the American numbers, anyone who believes the Wii dropped from 250,000 units in the US roughly, to 40,000 units, because "it's a fad" and not because of supply contrainments, is stupid.

Yes, the Wii beat the PS3 in an offweek. There is no damage control, there is no denying, and I don't see why anyone would want too. The Wii is popular. How is this news? Are some people such large sony fanboys that they can't admit to the fact that the Wii might have actually outsold it this week worldwide, like it did for every week since forever?

Who cares? I got news for you guys. The PS3 has a long trek ahead to consistantly outsell the Wii. It's not gonna be something that just, all of the sudden, wtf happens worldwide, one week.

You guys need to learn how to use this site.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CrazzyMan said:
250$.
500$.

Oh I see where your coming from.. The wii cost's $250 but is acually worth $500..

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

yeah nintendo should of shipped more,maybe theyre waiting for brawl

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"