By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii tops PS3, even on an off week.

Crazzy, I don't see why that's a point - Sony loses money pr Ps3 sold while Nintendo earns. Sony failed to estimate the market right, and paid for it. They are both consoles even if they cost different amounts of money. Take PC.

Person 1:

The Sims 2 outsold Crysis even in an off-week!

Person 2:

Can somebody explain this?

PC that can do the Sims 2: 100 dollars
Pc that can run Crysis: 500 dollars

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

@avinash_tyagi

Yup PS3's gonna sell less than last year for the following few years reuslting in sales so low that it can't even make 20 million more in sales!

SONY IS DOOMED!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Troll_Monster said:
if the wii had an off week, and manufacturing remains the same, then who could their be a shortage?

to me this coninual use of "wii shortages" is starting to get a little old, one would think that by now Nintendo could and should be pumping out Wiis much faster than they are, could it be that Nintendo them selvs don't see the wii lasting that long and because of this they don't want to risk creating more factories in case there assumptions turn out true and wii's bubble burst???

just something to think about.

This is only something to think about if you want to lose some IQ points. Have fun thinking about it.

30 million for PS3 seems way too low. As almost all successfull consoles, which ALL the three are this gen, have increased by yearly rate. The normal is to have about this, solely estimations from me, no sources!

100% first year
120% second year
150% Third year
100% Fourth year
75 % Fifth year (unless it is killed from here and out)
30-40% sixth year
5-10 % seventh year
Dead 8th year.

This is, again, solely estimations, made up on the spot! So you know that. Looked up a couple of things but no real sources.

So according to my schedual, the Ps3 should sell 41M, unless something more and unusual happens, the most likely would be an increase, not a decrease.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@Crazzy(indeed)man

Sure that's why the GameCube outsold both the PS2 and the X-Box last gen.
Oh wait...!

Around the Network

@Weezy

The Wii also topped the PSP and 360 in the same week, unless they have been discontinued and there is only the Wii and PS3 left :S lol

Avinash_Tyagi said:
There is much weakness in the PS3, as I have said it will not reach 50 million, in fact 40 million is highly unlikely, more like 30 million give or take

LOL.  This post is full of phail.  LOL.

Remember people:  This comes from the person that has stated before that he could easily see the Wii selling 750 million (!) units worldwide, provided that the Wii launched in India and China.  LOL!

@ Weezy

Normally, you're funny, but not today.  The Wii topped the PS3.  No, really?!  I had no clue.  It only topped the PS3 for the last seventy or eighty weeks, why oh why did it top the Wii this week?  I have no clue.  /sarcasm.

But the PS3 did top the Wii in America this week.  off-week or not, that is a feat.

You want an explanation? The Wii is 150 dollars cheaper than the PS3, theres your explanation. Price is THE single most important factor for people.

@Nyanks: The 360 Arcade is the same price as the Wii, yet we don't see that affecting 360 sales. So price isn't the only factor!

@routsounmanman: That made me laugh... Hahahaha that was a nice burn... poor Crazyman's been made into shark steak.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
@Nyanks: The 360 Arcade is the same price as the Wii, yet we don't see that affecting 360 sales. So price isn't the only factor!

@routsounmanman: That made me laugh... Hahahaha that was a nice burn... poor Crazyman's been made into shark steak.

Yeah but everyone knows that's not exactly the best model of the 360.  It's like the crappy alternative, most people on here don't seem very keen on it anyways.  The "good" model (you know, the one that is actually appealing to people) and the PS3 are more expensive, and this is the most important factor.  Obviously if the Wii and the successor of the Playstation 2 came out at the same price point, things would be a little different now......