By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW April 26th up!

Is PS4 still supply constrained in most European countries? The number seems a bit low.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
celador said:
Was expecting the PS4 to definitely be sub 100k in the summer but at this rate it might drop that low before Watch_Dogs. Another 4 or 5 weeks of drops for PS4 and X1 are on the cards unless I'm completely gapping something. The only releases I can think of before then are Wolfenstein and MLB neither of which are going to provide a big enough boost if anything at all.

Every week this happened when PS4 drop to 120k but after some weeks it go up to over 140k again... so I don't think it will ever reach sub-100k this year.

There is no way PS4 is staying above 100k every week in August.  Hope to be proved wrong, but I just don't see it happening

Talal said:

Fair enough then, but as soon as Amazon gets a month wrong you will admit that it isn't proof?

It had four months right and none wrong... if it get something like 5 months right and 2 or 3 months wrong... yeap I will admit it is wrong but if after 10 months right it got one wrong... no.

Do you believe is it coincidence?

PS. If you check old months you will see it is right about 360 x PS3 too... the only month Amazon showed PS4 ahead 360 was GTAV launch month.

Fusioncode said:
Is PS4 still supply constrained in most European countries? The number seems a bit low.

It's very difficult to say because we hear little about Europe.  According to people on various forums, as of a few weeks ago some countries,such as Germany and Netherlands, were short of supply.  Amazon UK is currently out of PS4 solus stock but it's only for a few days.  I'd say there probably are small shortages here and there

those adjustments are mostly in others..

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Talal said:

Fair enough then, but as soon as Amazon gets a month wrong you will admit that it isn't proof?

It had four months right and none wrong... if it get something like 5 months right and 2 or 3 months wrong... yeap I will admit it is wrong but if after 10 months right it got one wrong... no.

Do you believe is it coincidence?

Not a coincidence ethomaz. I'm saying that in order for you to call it "proof" it needs to be 100%. If it gets 9 months right and 1 month wrong you can say "I'm 90% sure that the PS4 sold more". You can't say "the PS4 sold more". 

kowenicki said:
Talal said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

I want to see the face of the guys that strong defensed the last week number now lol

There are adjustments to be made yet... PS4 will won in US in April with at least a 30k difference... VGC shows Xbone winning by 3k yet.

This is a very factual statement.  You got the NPD numbers already?  What is this very precise number based on? 

Suddenly someone cares about future and present :p I kid I kid.

It's probably because English is his second language. He said "will won" I think he meant will win. 

Same question... based on what?  He may be right.  But it is very irritating when he makes definitive numberical statments based on jack.

No more irritating than you calling everyone that was right last week, children, especially when you defended last weeks numbers. Why not just admit others were right with a bit of grace. 

Man 30 thousand a week with only one hyped game(Tropical Freeze) for the year and little advertising is pretty good if you think about it. Sure would I like to see numbers like the PS4 or 3DS, of coarse. I just think we need to look at the whole picture. Iwata was a retard to think he would sell 13 million last year with how little it was advertised. This is looking to be a better year.

Talal said:

Not a coincidence ethomaz. I'm saying that in order for you to call it "proof" it needs to be 100%. If it gets 9 months right and 1 month wrong you can say "I'm 90% sure that the PS4 sold more". You can't say "the PS4 sold more".

Ohhhh I get that

kirby007 said:
those adjustments are mostly in others..

No, US before adjustments Vg had X1 ahead by 7-8 k, now it's behind ps4 last week.