By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mindblown: Cranky kong is the original donkey kong!!!

sundin13 said:
The big question is, what does this mean for the Mario timeline? Is the Mario we have today actually the original Mario's grandkid?

Probably, unless after fighting so much for Pauline, Mario suddenly decided he didn't care at all for her and went with Peach instead.

Though there is also the case, that Peach is seen along Pauline, and the DK with a tie(Cranky was never seen with one, so DK III is probably the only one who wears it) which brings a even bigger mess, unless we have another Zelda syndrome here, and every time a game occurs, no matter how much time passes, the descendants will have the same appearance and name, as their ancestors.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
noname2200 said:
Also, Samus is a girl.

What? No way! Next you will tell me that Zelda is a girl too!

its true,,, samus is a girl !

Yes, but did you know that metroid is set in a miniaturized universe?
Motherbrain is life-size on tv!
Samus is only a couple inches tall!

noname2200 said:
Also, Samus is a girl.

What? No way! Next you will tell me that Zelda is a girl too!

Did you know that Zelda's actually the princess and you play as Link?! ;)

It's pretty neat that they bothered to make Cranky the original DK. It adds some charm to the DKC series. They could easily have made him some random old ape.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
I had to stop during Zero Suit Samus... God she looked fap worthy during Brawl

My friend mod our smash so the character were replaced.

ZSS = Robert Downy Jr.

Mario = Paper Mario

Marth = Zolo

Samus = EVA 01

Bowser = Gojira

Charizard = Dragonite

Is it robert downy junior in samus' zero suit?  Best iron man ever.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

anything wrong with never playing the SNES donkey kongs and not knowing that?

Nothing really wrong with that...

It's just that you defend Nintendo so vehemently, so we expect you to at least know the bas...

The heck am I saying... I don't expect anything from you. xD

that's not basic, it's specific knowledge.

Zero999 said:
Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

It's just that you defend Nintendo so vehemently, so we expect you to at least know the bas...

Except it's not really.  It's like being a star wars fan and not knowing that darth vader is actually a wookie.

Zero999 said:

Didn't you read the handbook?

other facts:

Fox has metal legs.

Mario's original name was Jumpman.

Peach's predecessor was Pauline.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Yeah.............1994 called. They want their big surprise news back. And no, modern DK isn't DK Jr. He's actually DK the 3rd, esquire. It stated in the original DKC booklet (or something), that Cranky is actually his grandpappy. They even showed a "middle aged" DK Jr. It was rather funny looking.

cheshirescat said:
Zero999 said:
Hynad said:
Zero999 said:

Except it's not really.  It's like being a star wars fan and not knowing that darth vader is actually a wookie.

Even worse! These young spoilt Ninty gaming hooligans ignoring glorious history and dismissing it as detail are like Americans claiming to have invented pizza or turning Alexander the Great, Hector, Achilles, Noah and whichever else ancient hero unlucky enough to be discovered by them into some sort of comics supeheroes!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!