By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

So anyone plan to play Destiny Beta starting tomorrow? I'm going fresh but I know that there are those 3-man teams , if anyone plans to play and wants to hook up, add me on PSN: Filip_Kackiewicz!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

The Last of Us Remastered: Here’s the Full List of Improvements on PS4; More DLC Coming in 2014

Today Sony Computer Entertainment Europe held an event dedicated to the launch of The Last of Us Remastered, and MeriStation Eeditor Javi Andrés took upon himself the task to tweet the slides showcasing the full list of improvements from the PS3 version of Naughty Dog’s masterpiece.

• 1080p/60 FPS in single player and multiplayer.
  • Texture maps are 4x more detailed. Shadow maps 2x.
  • Higher resolution particle effects.
  • Occlusion mapping on decals.
  • No texture streaming.
  • Longer draw distances, better LOD
  • Expanded audio menu options.
  • Possibility to lock frame rate at 30 FPS.
  • Possibility to swap trigger and thumbsticks controls.
  • DualShock 4 touch pad, light bar and speaker supported.
  • Cinematics with commentary by Neil Druckmann, Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.

We also learn that more add-on releases are planned for 2014, and all of them will be cross-buy between the PS4 and PS3 versions. Incidentally the presentation also included another piece of info on the game’s sales. The original The Last of Us for PS3 sold seven million copies.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/16/the-last-of-us-remastered-heres-the-full-list-of-improvements-more-content-coming-in-2014/

There will also be a Day One patch that adds a Grounded behind the scenes documentary and a screenshot tool, which is probably similar to inFAMOUS' photo mode

I wonder if they improved the AI?

so no AA improvement? and btw the game sold a whooping 7 million. this game will be a better seller than Uncharted.

its getting screenshot tool like in inFAMOUS Second Son? Nice~

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
so no AA improvement? and btw the game sold a whooping 7 million. this game will be a better seller than Uncharted.

Wow really?

gooch_destroyer said:
bananaking21 said:

Wow really?

Since nothing is mentioned, I would assume that the dynamic AA system from the PS3 version is present, it just will be much more active, compared to the PS3 TLoU when is was often disabled completely to preserve framerate.

Greatness Awaits!

With The Last of Us Remastered’s PS4 release just weeks away (July 29th), I dove into a pre-release version of the game to see exactly how Naughty Dog is leveraging PS4’s hardware to upgrade last year’s biggest Game of the Year winner.

First, there’s the immediately noticeable bump in native screen resolution. The jump from 720p (PS3) to native 1080p (PS4) gives the visuals a major shot in the arm. The crisp new presentation banishes those nasty jaggies to the margins, while higher resolution environment textures adorn the lovingly crafted post-apocalyptic environments.

But the kicker is the new framerate. I’ll admit to being at least a bit skeptical on hearing that Naughty Dog would target a smoother, more fluid 60 frames per second for The Last of Us Remastered. I wondered whether it would add a distracting layer of artificiality, that it might somehow interfere with the game’s cinematic look and feel. Luckily, based on my hands-on experiences at a recent media event in New York City, those concerns feel entirely unwarranted. Played at the higher framerate, The Last of Us Remastered has a silky smooth feel that makes aiming and camera control feel more responsive and natural.

Conveniently, the PS4 version was shown side-by-side with the original PS3 game. Curious, I picked up the DualShock 3 and panned the camera around for a few seconds, before hastily switching right back to Remastered. It’s nice to see that Naughty Dog is giving players the choice to lock TLOUR to 30 frames per second — which PlayStation.Blog’s own Ryan Clements currently favors — but for me it’s 60 FPS or bust, no contest. I suspect this one will boil down to personal preference.

Then there are a slew of subtler visual details. Lighting quality has received a boost, with improved shadow detail. Joel and Ellie’s in-game character models also look more detailed, sporting higher resolution textures that allowed me to see the fabric weave in Joel’s filthy flannel shirt. The 1080p presentation also helped me spot subtle visual details I’d never noticed in the original PS3 version, like the way tiny streams of blood trickle down Joel’s arm when he’s injured, or how rats weave erratically through garbage-strewn ruins.

The gameplay remains unchanged, though the higher framerate does lend a feeling of increased responsiveness. The most notable difference is that the L2 and R2 triggers now control aiming and firing — and yep, you can switch back to the classic L1 and R1 controls if that floats your boat.

Though I didn’t get a chance to try out the multiplayer mode (a personal favorite), the campaign is looking mighty promising. The Last of Us Remastered will come complete with all previously released DLC, including the excellent story chapter Left Behind. And at a reduced price of $50, it’s a good bet for new PS4 owners who missed out on one of the best games of the generation, or seasoned TLOU veterans eager for another dose of Joel and Ellie.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/16/hands-on-the-last-of-us-remastered/

Holy shit that is crisp! ^^

But that probably also mean some flaws will be more exposed, oh well.

I'm getting really hyped for it...but I know I shouldn't be getting it for 50Euro...Damnit, I really want it though.

Greatness Awaits!