By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

So for the 5/6 megatons that the guy on NeoGaf teased:
1). Project Beast (Dark Souls 2)
2). Agent PS4
3). The Last Guardian PS4
4). Crash Bandicoot, PS4 exclusive
5). Guerrilla Games' RPG
Just some things I can come up with.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
amazing how forum speculation is now considered "news". geez gaming journalism is sometimes pure shit.

Hey, Dualshockers is great, I especially like when they go to a developers homepage, look at what they're hiring and what those people are supposed to have experiences with and then sell it as a news story entitled: "XXX new game will have YYY".

Amazing site really.

poklane said:
2). Agent PS4
5). Guerrilla Games' RPG

Who would make Crash Bandicoot?

DerNebel said:
poklane said:
2). Agent PS4
5). Guerrilla Games' RPG

I don't know? Maybe the Naughty Dog team that made The Last of Us has made it in all secrecy? I doubt their whole team is on The Last of Us Remastered. Just imagine seeing Crash Bandicoot and the Naughty Dog logo in the same trailer.... DAMN

DerNebel said:
poklane said:
2). Agent PS4
5). Guerrilla Games' RPG

My question is when would they have buy it back.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
DerNebel said:
poklane said:
2). Agent PS4
5). Guerrilla Games' RPG

Well they don't have to buy it back, they could just pay for exclusivity and have a partnership with Activision in which they do all the work.  That wouldnot be preferable of course, but it would cost a fair amount to completely buy back the IP.  I'm not convinced it would be worth it

celador said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
DerNebel said:

Well they don't have to buy it back, they could just pay for exclusivity and have a partnership with Activision in which they do all the work.  That wouldnot be preferable of course, but it would cost a fair amount to completely buy back the IP.  I'm not convinced it would be worth it

Same, it seems to expensive. And I just don't see Activision doing something like that. I think they'd rather make their own content for the IP, unless Sony gives them a ridiculous amount of money.

poklane said:
DerNebel said:
poklane said:
2). Agent PS4
5). Guerrilla Games' RPG

I don't know? Maybe the Naughty Dog team that made The Last of Us has made it in all secrecy? I doubt their whole team is on The Last of Us Remastered. Just imagine seeing Crash Bandicoot and the Naughty Dog logo in the same trailer.... DAMN

Honestly? My reaction would probably be a big "meh". I actually never played Crash (don't kill me), I was more of a Spyro kid.

I like the kinda games ND is doing nowadays, more realistic, "grown up" games. Them going back to Crash... I don't know, I just don't see what they would do to the IP to have it still be fresh and interesting. I'm sure Crash was great, but I love that ND as a studio continues to go in new directions every gen (which is why I hope that we get at least one new IP from them this gen as well), so I don't need them to go back to and IP that they haven't touched since the PS1.

TheGoldenBoy said:
celador said:

Same, it seems to expensive. And I just don't see Activision doing something like that. I think they'd rather make their own content for the IP, unless Sony gives them a ridiculous amount of money.

I also think if Activision thought they could do something successful with the IP they would have already.  There were Crash games in 2007 & 2008 but the ones that are remembered most fondly are over a decade old.  Platformers that aren't Mario tend to struggle these days and I'm not sure the potential market for a new Crash game is particularly big

celador said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
celador said:

I also think if Activision thought they could do something successful with the IP they would have already.  There were Crash games in 2007 & 2008 but the ones that are remembered most fondly are over a decade old.  Platformers that aren't Mario tend to struggle these days and I'm not sure the potential market for a new Crash game is particularly big

Exactly. It's a nostalgia game. But it probably would get much more notoriety as a PS4 exclusive rather than multiplatform.