By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

For everyone who spites physical games, you suck. Digital will never replace physical for me. I absolutely hate the idea that one day all my purchases will get washed down the drain when plugs are pulled on servers Sony doesn't want to run anymore. And it will happen. Sony has no obligation to run servers forever so that you can have access to your PS3 and PS4 games 30 years from now.

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I'd like that.

Main roadblocks are whether or not ND wants to go back to platformers. ND has the resources. They don't have an "A" team and "B" team, it's a CI environment where people are moved all over. They started developing multiple games when they got to ~200 employees. They now have 280 employees according to linkedin and are hiring another 11 full time and 13 temp positions. They could make 3 or 4 games simultaneously, but obviously at different stages. If the long time rumor of them getting the crash license back, then that puts an even bigger question mark to them supporting 2 platformers at the same time.

Yeah, ND has the resources but they won't do it.

binary solo said:

Underlined is simply not true. Over the course of a year PSN+ gives you 24-36 games you can download and permanently rent. Over the lifetime of the PS4 (let's say 6 years) that amounts to over 200 games you will be able to access, and if you have a PS3 or Vita that number of games you will have access to doubles, or triples if you have all 3 systems.  I believe the EA vault currently sits at 13. How long will it take for the Vault to get to 200 games?

Bold, is all a matter of opinion. Of the games in the vault currently I am only interested in Dragon Age Inquisition and Garden Warfare, and I already have both (I got GW for free from EA's Playstation 20th anniversary birthday gift). So for the time being EA Access is worth exactly $0 for me, and I have obtained vastly more and better games from my PSN+ subscription. My objective analysis of the merits of the PSN+ model vs. the EA vault model is that the PSN+ model is a far better service, representing better value for money and exposure to a much wider variety of games. Hence there is no value to Sony or PS4 gamers in putting EA Access on PS4. If EA are going to be dicks about their games and not let Sony put any of their titles on PSN+ then that's actually EA's loss.

I do agree that Sony needs to put some genuine AAAs on PSN+ soonish or they will start losing subscribers like me who only have PSN+ for the games. I almost never play online so I don;t need or want PSN+ for that aspect. 

The way I see it:
- It's not 200 games on PS+ that you can access, because you need to becan active subscriber forca long time and for much more than $50 to reach that number. EA gives you those 13-15 games immediately as you subscribe, with no prior commitment. 

- Of course, games available are subject to taste, but EA Access offers current year's sports titles (I'd definitely play FIFA and Madden and give NHL a try), and EA does make good games. If one does not need to play a game day one, it's a great value. 6-9 months after release there will be Mirror's Edge, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect. Games everybody knows have no chance appearing on PS+, and neither do their counterparts from other publishers like The Witcher, Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, Far Cry etc.... One day when at least on high profile mega selling game comes to PS+ I'll stop bitching (even though I either played it or have no interest in it at all). I mean, the outlook of those games coming is so improbable that people are actually willing to settle for Killzone, Knack or The Order...

- But, ultimately, my major gripe is and has always been that Sony decided on the value in my name. Sure, to you or many others PS+ is much greater value, but you really cannot say that EA Access has zero value. Maybe it really is less valuable, but why cannot I decide that? Imagine if Sony said: Tomb Raider will not be allowed on PS4, we have Uncharted and see no value in TR. 

If EA Access is such poor value, then surely most PS4 users will recognize that and choose PS+ over it. To me, EAA has a good value because it offers certainty: You know which games are coming to the service, and the approximate timeframe. In PS+ you are entering a lottery: A chance that one or more games might actually be good (like Rocket League) paired with the chance that they might be a huge broken unplayable mess (like Ether One). 

People are so afraid that other companies will introduce their own Access, but are willing to accept Sony making decisions in their name. And with Sony dominating, I am actually more afraid of other Sony imposed restrictions on gaming than of a minor chance of Rockstar or Activision doing their own thing. 

NieR concept art

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/megadimension-neptunia-vii-coming-west-early-2016

Had a feeling it wouldn't make it in 2015

Around the Network

We must have died alone.

A long, long time ago.

During a livestreamed event from GameStop Expo, Naughty Dog Community Strategist Arne Meyer talked about some interesting points on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

Meyer mentioned that there’s still a lot of work to do, but he’s not worried about the release date. He also talked on the reasoning behind the release date announcement.

“There’s a pretty decent amount of thought, we got sort of a development timeline trying to figure out when we figure we can be ready. I mean, the problem is that if you leave it up to us we’ll never be ready. It’s good to sort of set a deadline. We sort of try to figure out when the right window is, try to guess when other games might be out…”

Meyer also explained why Naughty Dog decided to create a single player DLC for the game:

“It worked really well for us for The Last of Us, we thought we could put together a really great piece of content as well. Left Behind was a really great addition. It’s one of those thing when talking about Ucharted we said, “wouldn’t it be great to make another story DLC?” “Does it fit into the story?” And that sort of thing. I think we rose to the challenge for The Last of Us and decided to take another shot at it.”

We then got quite a lot of interesting miscellaneous information:

• Making Drake look older was about the toll that his adventures have taken on him, and showing that on the physical level.
  • There’s some pressure given by the expectations weighing on Naughty Dog, as they’re expected to always outdo themselves, but bringing the franchise to the new generation opens up a lot of opportunities, and that mitigates the pressure.
  • This is the Uncharted game that Naughty Dog always wanted to make, because they can include all those crazy ideas that they had in the past and coule never use, and blend gameplay mechanics in ways that were impossible before.
  • In the demo there are many paths one can take. You’re always going downhill, but there are “so many choices” on how you’re going downhill.
  • Naughty Dog is excited about the Nathan Drake Collection because there are many people that got a PlayStation for the first time with the PS4, and they haven’t experienced Uncharted before.
  • It would have been great to show the entire demo at E3, but at that time it was considered a great teaser, and a great place to end because things were starting to get insane, and they wanted people to want to come back for more. That felt right at the time, but afterwards they thought that maybe they should have shown the whole thing.
  • The fire effect in the jeep at the end of the demo was completed “really late,” and it was a lot of really hard work for the team to make it look like it did.
  • According to Meyer, Sam is a really interesting character because the audience didn’t know about him and Nathan thought he was dead, and he suddenly pops up out of nowhere. and he’s in trouble. He forces Nathan to make really hard choices. He shows the other side of Drake that Naughty Dog hasn’t been able to explore so far. He’s always been the one propelling the action, and now he’s “kind of along for the ride,” and has to make choices between his former life and his family.
  • The multiplayer team has been working about some “really cool stuff,” and they can’t wait to start talking about it.
  • Naughty Dog feels that the E3 demo is the best of the best they can show of Uncharted 4 in terms of demos. Of course there will be more reveals, but this one puts what they want to do with the game really well in a fifteen minutes package.

[Source]

I doubt we'll get to play as Drake in the DLC. It'll be interesting to see who we do play with if I'm right.

TheGoldenBoy said:
I doubt we'll get to play as Drake in the DLC. It'll be interesting to see who we do play with if I'm right.

Didn't they try to do an Ellina SLC for uncharted 2 or 3 then decided to strap it.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Didn't they try to do an Ellina SLC for uncharted 2 or 3 then decided to strap it.

No idea. I've actually never played the mainline Uncharted games before.