By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
Burek said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Grow Home. Ugh. The framerate, the screen tearing, the Unity physics. It's like a less funny Amazing Frog. Who the hell voted for this instead of Armello
Good thing my sub runs out next month

And when I complain about crappy PS+ games and the lack of AAA titkes, everybody defends Sony "but it's only 22 months since launch, there are no games available".

Sony's problem is that they promote PSN+ as only having games that score 70 (or is it 75?) or more on metacritic. So a few of the early gen games disqualified themselves because of the low metascore. That means Sony has less to chose from for putting AAA games on metacritic until they build up a library of exclusives that do pass that metacritic threshold. If 75 is the cut off not even KZ Shadowfall will get to be on PSN+. They really should put The Order on PSN+ next year. I think quite a few people who got put off by the negativity and low review scores would give it a go on PSN+ and it could help convince Sony that a second, much improved, game is worth doing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
poklane said:
Roronaa_chan said:
So that's a nice surprise, SFV is now listed in EU PSN and is priced at first-party level (59.99)

Digital pricing is still ridiculous, especially third party €69.99 games. I still don't see why I should ever buy a game digitally, the only plus it has for me is that I don't have to swap discs. Even at €59.99, nope!

Don't you know? There's like literally no reason to still buy physical discs unless you are a collector.

Worse than that, Sony more or less admitted there's an active conspiracy to keep digital prices inflated in order to keep physical retailers onside. There must be some price fixing regulation that is being breached. Though perhaps if the main beneficiary of the price fixing (retailers being able to stay in business) are not directly part of the conspiracy, perhaps it doesn't meet the definition of price fixing.

If there isn't a competitive digital marketplace on a platform then anti-monopoly regulations should maybe apply.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

gooch_destroyer said:
Teeqoz said:

Well yeah, but Jak and Daxter's story was kinda actually wrapped up. Sly 4 ended on a cliffhanger. 

Also Sly>Jak and Daxter

They could always do a reimagined version like IG did.

I was thinking that a Jak and Daxter reboot in the veins of Guardians of the Galaxy (i.e. not as cartoony, updated and artistic direction similar to the movie) would work extremely well. Daxter would be a smart ass just like Rocket. I think it could recharge and reinvigorate the franchise.

binary solo said:
DerNebel said:

Don't you know? There's like literally no reason to still buy physical discs unless you are a collector.

Worse than that, Sony more or less admitted there's an active conspiracy to keep digital prices inflated in order to keep physical retailers onside. There must be some price fixing regulation that is being breached. Though perhaps if the main beneficiary of the price fixing (retailers being able to stay in business) are not directly part of the conspiracy, perhaps it doesn't meet the definition of price fixing.

If there isn't a competitive digital marketplace on a platform then anti-monopoly regulations should maybe apply.

Makes complete sense. Retailers also make a percentage from accessories and game sales. So as long as Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo need major retailers to stock and sell their consoles they can't make digital games cheaper then their physical versions. It's why it'll be interesting to see how the NX does if it is all-digital. No retailer would give Nintendo shelf space when they're not making a percentage off their games and especially when the alternative is to just give more space to Playstation and Xbox who will generate them money.

Burek said:
Roronaa_chan said:
You're welcome to take your business to the green side and feed EA's machine of overpriced garbage disposal

No, I want the console of my choice to get better service, so I can get everything I want on it. Nothing will get done by burying heads in the sand and stroking Sony's .... ego. Just because someone owns a certain console doesn't mean he has to instantly become a yes-man and defend every shitty policy that console has.

And EA Access is many things, but overpriced it certainly isn't. For $30 per year you get many many more and better games than Sony humiliates us with this indie crap.

Underlined is simply not true. Over the course of a year PSN+ gives you 24-36 games you can download and permanently rent. Over the lifetime of the PS4 (let's say 6 years) that amounts to over 200 games you will be able to access, and if you have a PS3 or Vita that number of games you will have access to doubles, or triples if you have all 3 systems.  I believe the EA vault currently sits at 13. How long will it take for the Vault to get to 200 games?

Bold, is all a matter of opinion. Of the games in the vault currently I am only interested in Dragon Age Inquisition and Garden Warfare, and I already have both (I got GW for free from EA's Playstation 20th anniversary birthday gift). So for the time being EA Access is worth exactly $0 for me, and I have obtained vastly more and better games from my PSN+ subscription. My objective analysis of the merits of the PSN+ model vs. the EA vault model is that the PSN+ model is a far better service, representing better value for money and exposure to a much wider variety of games. Hence there is no value to Sony or PS4 gamers in putting EA Access on PS4. If EA are going to be dicks about their games and not let Sony put any of their titles on PSN+ then that's actually EA's loss.

I do agree that Sony needs to put some genuine AAAs on PSN+ soonish or they will start losing subscribers like me who only have PSN+ for the games. I almost never play online so I don;t need or want PSN+ for that aspect. 

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
gooch_destroyer said:

They could always do a reimagined version like IG did.

I was thinking that a Jak and Daxter reboot in the veins of Guardians of the Galaxy (i.e. not as cartoony, updated and artistic direction similar to the movie) would work extremely well. Daxter would be a smart ass just like Rocket. I think it could recharge and reinvigorate the franchise.

I'd like that.

celador said:
BraLoD said:

You are dead to me.

That's rude, I was genuinely asking. Was it a niche indie game or something?

If you're genuinely asking this then you must be a young gamer.

Crash, in its peak (i.e. PS1 days) was, by far, the most successful PS mascot ever. Its games were also top notch. Sackboy, Jak/Daxter, Ratchet, and all other PS mascots do not hold a candle to Crash during its PS1 days IMHO. During that time, it was a critically acclaimed series made by ND before ND became a premier development house.

Crash Bandicoot - 80% gamerankings, ~7 million in sales

Crash 2 - 88% gamerankings, >5 million in sales (US and JP alone), (>7 million VGC)

Crash 3 - 91 MC, ~6 million in sales (>7 million VGC)

During that time, Crash could very much stand up to Mario in terms of popularity, though the latter was still more famous and sold better. After the PS1 days, ND and Sony lost the license and the franchise went on a downhilll spiral that it has yet to recover from.

I can only imagine how crazy it would be when I think of Sony reacquiring the franchise, giving it to ND and SCEJA to work on and they use SMG as inspiration for a reboot.

celador said:
BraLoD said:

But no Crash

Who?

This guy:

gooch_destroyer said:
NewGuy said:

I'd like that.

Main roadblocks are whether or not ND wants to go back to platformers. ND has the resources. They don't have an "A" team and "B" team, it's a CI environment where people are moved all over. They started developing multiple games when they got to ~200 employees. They now have 280 employees according to linkedin and are hiring another 11 full time and 13 temp positions. They could make 3 or 4 games simultaneously, but obviously at different stages. If the long time rumor of them getting the crash license back, then that puts an even bigger question mark to them supporting 2 platformers at the same time.

BraLoD said:
NewGuy said:

If you're genuinely asking this then you must be a young gamer.

Crash, in its peak (i.e. PS1 days) was, by far, the most successful PS mascot ever. Its games were also top notch. Sackboy, Jak/Daxter, Ratchet, and all other PS mascots do not hold a candle to Crash during its PS1 days IMHO. During that time, it was a critically acclaimed series made by ND before ND became a premier development house.

Crash Bandicoot - 80% gamerankings, ~7 million in sales

Crash 2 - 88% gamerankings, >5 million in sales (US and JP alone), (>7 million VGC)

Crash 3 - 91 MC, ~6 million in sales (>7 million VGC)

During that time, Crash could very much stand up to Mario in terms of popularity, though the latter was still more famous and sold better. After the PS1 days, ND and Sony lost the license and the franchise went on a downhilll spiral that it has yet to recover from.

I can only imagine how crazy it would be when I think of Sony reacquiring the franchise, giving it to ND and SCEJA to work on and they use SMG as inspiration for a reboot.

I'm pretty sure he was kidding, both times.

He is 25 years old, btw.

Sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet.