By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

Guys, I'm encountering an issue with my PS3 after start up.

Basically, when I power it on and it will turn off a few seconds later with red blinking lights BUT here's the thing, if I turn it on again, it will work just fine. Even if I turn it off and on afterwards, it will no longer experience the issue.

However, if my PS3 is turned off for a long period of time (lets say I go to work and come home kinda time) and I want to turn my PS3 on, the issue will reappear BUT like before it will be fine after restarting.

This has happened to me twice on 2 separate days.

I do not know what is causing the problem. I can't find anything online that is experiencing the same issue. I'm totally confused at this point. :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. T_T

Around the Network

This will be the last time I mention it here but we've updated the FFIX thread so be sure to give it a look. You don't need to be an expert on the series, the game or even like it but any feedback on the format or suggestions for improvements for future threads would be incredibly appreciated!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=206970&page=1#

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tiffac said:

Basically, when I power it on and it will turn off a few seconds later with red blinking lights BUT here's the thing, if I turn it on again, it will work just fine. Even if I turn it off and on afterwards, it will no longer experience the issue.

However, if my PS3 is turned off for a long period of time (lets say I go to work and come home kinda time) and I want to turn my PS3 on, the issue will reappear BUT like before it will be fine after restarting.

I do not know what is causing the problem. I can't find anything online that is experiencing the same issue. I'm totally confused at this point. :(

Sounds like it's dying. Try opening it up and cleaning it.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ugh, speaking of opening PS3's, I still have to open mine eventually. It stopped reading blurays out of nowhere, but still reads CDs (ie: I can play Castlevania: SotN hard copy, but not my Dark Souls disc). The issue seems like a fairly common one among PS3 issues, and from what I can tell, it can be fixed by wiping down the laser eye or whatever as well as re-seating the drive magnet. I just can't be bothered to go out and buy the security bit I need to open up the system.

Edit: My points are currently 1234. Let us celebrate this grand moment by doing nothing.

Started a game of Rocket League without the ball somehow XD

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

wish my ps4 would stop sounding like a friggin super hoover 3000 when playing this game.

Heh, nice. I had the same problem with Far Cry 4 for whatever reason...wasn't sure if it was just me or not because I hadn't heard anything about it elsewhere.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sony is lowering the price of the 1 year PS+ subscription in Switzerland

Old price: CHF63.95 = €58.83/$65.60
New price: CHF49.90 = €45.92/$51.18

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3gyxb4/price_for_yearly_ps_going_down_in_switzerland/

Versus_Evil said:

What you do to fix it is this,

1) Wrap it in a Clingfilm

2) Send $3.50 to Sony

3) They will send you a potato

4) Draw a face on said potato, villain mustache, top hat, monocle

5) Bury that potato along with your Ps3

6) Wait till the third day of Winter

7) Dig up your Ps3 and it will be fixed

Worked for me.

That would cost me more than just commuting to the nearest service center. lol!

tiffac said:

Sorry, sounds like something is starting to go bad but doesn't want to die quite yet. If you want it repaired/exchanged, contact sony support. 

Ugh I guess my PS3 is mad at me for getting a PS4 T_T

Yeah, I may just have it looked at and maybe it will forgive me. lol!