By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I sell my PS3?

Should I sell my PS3?

Yes 19 14.07%

No 102 75.56%

See Results 12 8.89%

Total:133

My original 60 gig launch PS3 bit the dust YLOD wont be replacing to busy on my xbox1 and PS4. 

Around the Network

PS3 is absolutely worth keeping! Even if just for games you plan on revisiting in the future. It also plays bluerays so it will be useful for movies at least.

Do it if theres nothing for you. It is ending its life right now after all. I myself bought a 3ds on launch day and sold it just 2 months after because nothing came out for it. I then used the trade in credit for a vita which i regret by now just as much.. Heck looking at things retrspectively i could even have waited to buy a ps4.. These are all systems that will be supported for years to come whereas the ps3 is done for in about 6months to a year. If nothing excites you now, nothing will ever again on it

sell it and buy a XONE. ps3 is pretty much done, unless you like those overrated "rpgs" everyone's talking about.

Blu-ray player?

Around the Network

Still a lot of good games to come. Persona 5, Tales of Zestria

UltimateUnknown said:

I guess it's your opinion if you want to keep it or not.

I would personally in no way shape or form trade in my PS3. The amount of amazing content I get on it from PS+ every month is mind boggling, especially given I have Vita and PS4 as well. There are still tons of awesome games being released on it and will be released in the future (PERSONA 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). The support for this machine from western, japanese and indies is uber strong. So no, I would not sell mine at any cost.

I will give you a million dollars for it.

PS4 has no backward compatibility for the games that you already brought. Don't do it.

I keep my past systems so I can replay my favorite games. I say keep it unless you never replay your games.

With past games you've played, you know there are quality titles because you've played them. With future games most games are going to be more of what you've already played in the past, just pretty graphics and gameplay that may be better or worse. I always keep my past systems because when there's nothing new, I can always fall back on replaying my favorites or trying to whittle down this backlog of mine.

What else do you play on today?

I kept my PS3 even though I bought my Wii U and PS4. So of course I would say keep it.

I can understand what you say, I mostly play my older favourites on my PS3 today, nothing new that I feel or have felt a must to own. So if you feel like you don't need to play your old "classics" you could just as well get rid of it and spend the money on something else, or save it.

I did sell my Wii, but since I can play Wii games on my Wii U I felt no loss. The only loss I felt is that I can no long play my GC games, especially Zelda TP which I prefer with the GC controller. On the PS4, at least for now you can not play any PS3 games. Maybe in the future with PS Now or if they make software emulations.

Also, keep in mind that there could come some really sweet game(s) later on for the PS3. It's Sony after all, and they always keep delivering until the very end. But don't expect any TLoU or Uncharted game(s), those will only show up on PS4/PSV.