By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart vs M&M Kart in UK launch sales

M&M's Kart Racing (Wii)
by Zoo Digital
Platform: Nintendo Wii
No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
RRP:£29.99
Price:£24.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
You Save:£5.00 (17%)
Availability: This item will be released on April 4, 2008. Pre-order now! Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

See larger image and other views

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Ms-Kart-Racing-Wii/dp/B000PVXYDY/ref=sr_1_6/203-6061860-0720727?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1203658120&sr=1-6

M & M Kart has a 1 week advantage with it's launch date but will that 1 week sales be enough to help it get one over on Mario Kart Wii's release on April 11th.  Perhaps M&M Kart will sell through it's initial shipment and find impatient Mario Karts fans anticipated "sweet" spot

Seriously though - Zoo Digital must be devastated, anyone reckon any mums will be getting screamed at by young kids when they come back from the shop saying "bloody hell mum - thats not the right game!!".

Around the Network

M&M will definatly win, because it's cheaper.

Uhm.... Everybody likes M&Ms but Mario Kart is the follow up to the highest-selling Gamecube game and it will outsell everything else in the UK and all other countries for at least the first few weeks.

RCTjunkie said:

24.99 GBP

=

49.0854 USD

Is MKW going to be 49.99?  Most other Wii games are.

I wonder... if they just switch the characters, will this game outsell Mario Kart?

What I'm trying to do is, How many people buy Mario Kart because of Mario is in it.

*note, I know people here know better, but for 95% of Wii owners out there who don't read website or game reviews*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

The American Amazon.com counterpart actually has a lovely video detailing the game's finer points. 

http://www.amazon.com/Destination-Software-10137-Kart-Racing/dp/B000RW3V9I/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1203658765&sr=8-2 

Mario kart wii will sell more
M & M would sell more if they included free candy with it

damkira said:
RCTjunkie said:

24.99 GBP

=

49.0854 USD

Is MKW going to be 49.99?  Most other Wii games are.

Oh. Damn, I would've bought it @ $30.

damkira said:
Uhm.... Everybody likes M&Ms but Mario Kart is the follow up to the highest-selling Gamecube game and it will outsell everything else in the UK and all other countries for at least the first few weeks.

Sorry damkira - perhaps I should've added /*sarcasm to my original post.Perhpas I souldn't assume nobody would take this thread as if I was asking a serious question.

MKWii obviously