By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bill Gates would Support spin-off if Nadella wanted to

It says spin-off, so basically the company would still be owned by MS, only now as a standalone company. My bet would be on mobile phones (ex Nokia), and not XBox.

Around the Network
Azerth said:
i think hes just saying that he supports the new CEO

Azerth said:
i think hes just saying that he supports the new CEO

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nothing to worry about.

Burek said:
It says spin-off, so basically the company would still be owned by MS, only now as a standalone company. My bet would be on mobile phones (ex Nokia), and not XBox.

I think the fear about any kind of spin-off would be the new company wouldnt have the billions in the back pocket.. sure it could have some nice public offerings but its still rather small in comparison to what it has actually being part of MS.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Yep I agree with that others have said here. It doesn't necessarily mean that Bill Gates is in favor of the spin off.

Either way Id rather not be hearing this. Xbox as its own company will need to profit consistently, that will put more pressure on Xbox and less leeway when it comes to deals and big exclusives etc.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Yep I agree with that others have said here. It doesn't necessarily mean that Bill Gates is in favor of the spin off.

Either way Id rather not be hearing this. Xbox as its own company will need to profit consistently, that will put more pressure on Xbox and less leeway when it comes to deals and big exclusives etc.

while i agree mostly with its just him supporting the CEO,   Bill either needs to work on his PR or is getting sloppy in his old age because there are plenty of ways he could have said he would support Nadella, without saying "I'm absolutely for it" lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Hmm, like others have said the thread title is definitely misleading. To me it seems like he's supportive of the new CEO; which makes sense really.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

‏@DavidEllis Out of context quote responding to a leading hypothetical question = Breaking News™. 

Sensational thread lol. Good job Jaywood shutting that shit.