By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bill Gates would Support spin-off if Nadella wanted to

Shinobi-san said:
TheSting said:
Sensational thread lol. Good job Jaywood shutting that shit.

It really wasnt that bad. I think people are overblowing it...we've seen far worse around here with intentions to rile people up.

I dont think that was the OP's intention.

The title was changed maybe a hour ago. 

Around the Network
TheSting said:
Shinobi-san said:
TheSting said:
Sensational thread lol. Good job Jaywood shutting that shit.

It really wasnt that bad. I think people are overblowing it...we've seen far worse around here with intentions to rile people up.

I dont think that was the OP's intention.

The title was changed maybe a hour ago. 

Yes i know that? I was talking about the original title.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Considering this is Fox, it must be positive news, considering the contrary is unfathomable. So its more likely support of Nadella then spinning off Xbox.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Shinobi-san said:
DD_Bwest said:
Shinobi-san said:
Yep I agree with that others have said here. It doesn't necessarily mean that Bill Gates is in favor of the spin off.

Either way Id rather not be hearing this. Xbox as its own company will need to profit consistently, that will put more pressure on Xbox and less leeway when it comes to deals and big exclusives etc.

while i agree mostly with its just him supporting the CEO,   Bill either needs to work on his PR or is getting sloppy in his old age because there are plenty of ways he could have said he would support Nadella, without saying "I'm absolutely for it" lol

If you read the comments from the other artcle he says that Xbox is part of MS's strategy...and in saying that i think Bill is against the move but would support the CEO without disagreement.

I dont see room for intepretation here, so the PR is fine

Something to also consider is that Bill Gates was instrumental in the inception of Xbox..he obviously had broader plans for it. Definitely not just to make money/profit as so many claim.

Microsoft entered the console market because they were afraid Sony would take a place in people's living room as the central device of the house. Over a decade later it's smartphones and tablets that are taking that role and Sony as a company is in very heavy weather.

The world has changed and Microsoft wants to change with it.

i reeeally cant see why selling the xbox division would be a good move for microsoft.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

i'm happy gates calls the xbox a long term BU

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

do microsoft keep unprofitable arms of their corp around like sony,i didn't think they did,
big companies are better off in phones/tablets than consoles,they wanted online only in specific markets as the future of their console,why didn't they believe in their original concept,it never seemed that bad to me,it really is the future online only

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Barenziah said:
do microsoft keep unprofitable arms of their corp around like sony,i didn't think they did,
big companies are better off in phones/tablets than consoles,they wanted online only in specific markets as the future of their console,why didn't they believe in their original concept,it never seemed that bad to me,it really is the future online only

because the original idea conflicted with consumer interest and ignoring consumers is a catostrophic idea.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Barenziah said:

because the original idea conflicted with consumer interest and ignoring consumers is a catostrophic idea.

i know people always say it was anti consumer and a bad idea but i still think being microsoft they could have just taken the hit ,the fanboys would still buy MS which must be good for 30m.maybe we might go online only faster than we think in certain markets

obviously i am wrong but why did the powers at microsoft originally think it would work

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Barenziah said:

i know people always say it was anti consumer and a bad idea but i still think being microsoft they could have just taken the hit ,the fanboys would still buy MS which must be good for 30m.maybe we might go online only faster than we think in certain markets

The fans would get it but they would REALLY have to be dedicated. I doubt Xbox would have survived the backlash though. And I don't think people saying anything matter much to them because it was preorders that made them realize how bad the fallout would be. Sure they would have the early adopters, but Xbox would become a paraiah. And it would be a chain reaction, that they are already struggling to hold at bay, even with the 180s.

obviously i am wrong but why did the powers at microsoft originally think it would work

If you had been getting away with making people pay for online services like youtube and netflix for 12+ years, it wouldn't be hard to think that you could get away with it. I've said on countless occassions that this was the first time that MS was not allowed to get away with it. If you look at the backlash at Sony for the PSN outage Vs the red rings of death, its blantantly obvious that MS is undoubtedly not held up to the same scrutiny as Sony or Nintendo.