By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is the Problem with Nintendo?

I'm confused, I thought Nintendo milked all their franchises by releasing rehash after rehash in rapid succession. If they are only releasing games every 3-5 years then they are not very good at milking.

Around the Network

The last thing I want is a game to release too early that it needs patches within month or so later to fix all the bugs and glitches.

they launch a mario every 6 months.
how u dare to say they do a game in 3 years?

toastboy44562 said:

Games like Gears of war, Uncharted, fable, assassins creed, halo, cal of duty, etc are all full of bugs

Fixed.

Nintendo games are longer to develop and release because their QA standards are higher. It's as simple as that, and long may it continue.

The developers and publishers of those games above are quite happy to release games with Class B and Class A bugs, Nintendo aren't.

It isn't Nintendo being a problem, the problem started last generation when consoles being connected to the internet became standard, allowing developers to release substandard software and fix it with updates. More than half of those games you have listed wouldn't have been licenced during the 6th generation because they're so bug-ridden.

It isn't a problem with Nintendo, it's a problem with the industry as a whole since the 7th generation started.

bananaking21 said:
radishhead said:
The amount of polish in an average Nintendo game is far higher than that of most other developers - Nintendo, Blizzard and Valve are generally the 3 that I would consider to have this trait.

actually they have a lot more italians in their games than polish. 

Great "dad" joke. I chuckled.

OT: As others said, Nintendo does a lot more work on their games to make it top-notch, and makes a LOT more differences than other games that have "yearly" installments for their respective series.

Around the Network
AgentZorn said:
oniyide said:
dont really agree with the OP but ill play devil's advocate to people who are saying that Ninty games are of higher quality. Not disagreeing BUT considering the games Ninty make are less technically demanding than say teh Skyrims or ACs of the world, thats not a big accomplishment.

I think you should have used a better example than Skyrim. To this day, the game still suffers from glitches.

my point is Nintendo doesnt make anything with that kind of SCALE, the closest they have is Zelda and its still miles behind. And even the last 3d one of those had a glitcth. Better example GTA

they were having issues with HD development, it is what it is

torok said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Cause they don't want to release a game that still hasn't been fixed 4 months after its release

SSB Brawl online says hi...

add Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword to that list. Not that it matters, its not a lot but even Ninty messes up sometimes. But the fans here will ignore anyway.

RCTjunkie said:
bananaking21 said:
radishhead said:
The amount of polish in an average Nintendo game is far higher than that of most other developers - Nintendo, Blizzard and Valve are generally the 3 that I would consider to have this trait.

actually they have a lot more italians in their games than polish. 

Great "dad" joke. I chuckled.

OT: As others said, Nintendo does a lot more work on their games to make it top-notch, and makes a LOT more differences than other games that have "yearly" installments for their respective series.

lol, thats not a good thing

Companies develop games simultaneously. They don't just do one at a time. Also, when looking at games like Assassin's Creed, sports games, and Call of Duty, they are reusing a lot from previous games in the series. That is why there are so many games in those franchises that are clones of previous iterations.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.