By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is the Problem with Nintendo?

snowdog said:
oniyide said:

my point is Nintendo doesnt make anything with that kind of SCALE, the closest they have is Zelda and its still miles behind. And even the last 3d one of those had a glitcth. Better example GTA

Xenoblade Chronicles says a very big hello, as does X.

Also dat performance...... Yeah......

Skyrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rRr76R26WA

Drop frames and screen tearing on 360, and drop frame and framerate on PS3, oh lord why can't all Nintendo games be like that!!!!

Oh, and GTA 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fbYyMq4cGU

Around the Network
snowdog said:
oniyide said:
AgentZorn said:
oniyide said:
dont really agree with the OP but ill play devil's advocate to people who are saying that Ninty games are of higher quality. Not disagreeing BUT considering the games Ninty make are less technically demanding than say teh Skyrims or ACs of the world, thats not a big accomplishment.

I think you should have used a better example than Skyrim. To this day, the game still suffers from glitches.

my point is Nintendo doesnt make anything with that kind of SCALE, the closest they have is Zelda and its still miles behind. And even the last 3d one of those had a glitcth. Better example GTA

X doesnt say nothing as it has not released. Xenoblade considering hwo that game lookes its still not an accomplishment. its not that technically higher than say FF12 and that was released back on PS2. Hell with those character models and designs it should run buttery smooth.

bigtakilla said:
snowdog said:
oniyide said:

Skyrim

Drop frames and screen tearing on 360, and drop frame and framerate on PS3, oh lord why can't all Nintendo games be like that!!!!

Oh, and GTA 5?

you wanna compare a game that looks like a late ps2 game to ones that were released a few years ago? OK

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
snowdog said:
oniyide said:

you wanna compare a game that looks like a late ps2 game to ones that were released a few years ago? OK

What happened to your point?

LMAO!

AstroGamer said:

You know a lot of people bring this up but the game released in early 2008, and had been previously slated for 2007. Fighting games didn't get quality online until 2009 with Street Fighter IV. While Nintendo are innovators but, they aren't perfect. It would hard to come up with this especially understanding netcode for a fighting game with little precedence. 

I just brought this up because people really believe they won't release a broken game. Despite that, it could have received a patch specially because the game had legs and enjoyed good sales for many years.

Around the Network

You mentioned scale and did not mention IQ. The scale of Xenoblade Chronicles dwarfs anything that we've seen from Skyrim and GTA. And, as I've previously mentioned, Skyrim and GTA are full of bugs...Skyrim was so bad that it was virtually unplayable on the PS3 for months.

And that was my point. Nintendo games take longer to develop because their QA standards are much higher than the standards of third party publishers. They refuse to release bug-ridden games.

I think it's a fantastic move to (mostly) have 1 Mario Kart, Smash, 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. per console.

What isn't so great is that it takes so long for these games to come out. And there are hardly ever any new IPs. And some times they don't appear at all.

snowdog said:
You mentioned scale and did not mention IQ. The scale of Xenoblade Chronicles dwarfs anything that we've seen from Skyrim and GTA. And, as I've previously mentioned, Skyrim and GTA are full of bugs...Skyrim was so bad that it was virtually unplayable on the PS3 for months.

And that was my point. Nintendo games take longer to develop because their QA standards are much higher than the standards of third party publishers. They refuse to release bug-ridden games.

Skyward Sword, Metroid Other M, hell Brawl say hi. And no xenoblade doesnt dwarf the scale of GTA, maybe the Ps2 ones but not the last one or even the one before. Have you played those games?

oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
snowdog said:
oniyide said:

Skyrim

Oh, and GTA 5?

you wanna compare a game that looks like a late ps2 game to ones that were released a few years ago? 

I'm talking about the performance of Wii games compaired to PS3/360. If the technology wasn't ready for HD and Sony and Xbox went HD anyways, that's on them. Is that your excuse for crappy performance of the entire 7th gen? It's in HD so it's okay? Lol, okay.

"Games like Gears of war, Uncharted, fable, assassins creed, halo, cal of duty"

And how many DLCs/patches for these? *hint hint*

Miyamoto once said a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.