By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, who's getting Mario Kart 8 Day 1!? <(^_^<)

Are you gonna get it Day 1?

Heck yeah!!! 259 79.94%

No, but I'll get it eventually! 43 13.27%

I'll never get Mario Kart 8. Nevaaaaar! 22 6.79%

Total:324
Conegamer said:
Yep, Day 1 here as well, and with NinPie planning to do this tourney on the Sunday, I can't wait to see you guys!

Should be good fun.

=P

Since when did we allow trolls to be mods??

User has been banned for this post   ~Barozi

Around the Network

Probably get it when I get Smash because that's when I'll get a Wii U.

I'm going to try. Though I have found one major chink in the MK8 armor, a very disappointing one I might ad, in the fact that they really seem to have just lazily phoned in the Battle Mode. MK Wii could have had a great battle mode, probably it's best feature, because it had a ton of cool arenas. But they ruined it with the "Team only" nonsense. Now it's back to the way it should be, except NO ARENAS. Which makes zero sense. Who the hell wants to battle on basically just regular racing courses? If they were that focused on making the racing modes and online great, then they easily could have just gotten someone like Monster Games or Retro to develop the battle mode for them separately. Do it right at least. I mean they didn't even mention it at all in the official direct video. It just kind of got mentioned offhandedly, and unofficially, in some discussions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very stoked for this game otherwise. But the total lack of any obvious effort into what appears to be a very tacked on, last minute battle mode, just kind of sucks. It's a bit of a blight on what otherwise looks like it could be a really brilliant game.

yup pre ordered the one that comes with blue shell figurine.

Yup and I can't remember the last time I got a game day 1.

Around the Network

hopefully day -1 (if Amazon preorders still arrive a bit early like they used to).

actually throwing a Mario Kart Party (karty?) on the Saturday to celebrate, and hopefully convince someof my home boys and home girls to join the wii u club.

offered my little sister my free game if she buys one.

I have pre-ordered the normal edition, the limited edition, the racing wheel and as many other items as possible

Switch!!!

ToxicJosh said:
hopefully day -1 (if Amazon preorders still arrive a bit early like they used to).

actually throwing a Mario Kart Party (karty?) on the Saturday to celebrate, and hopefully convince someof my home boys and home girls to join the wii u club.

offered my little sister my free game if she buys one.

I enjoy the Wii U fairly well but I just can not reccommend it as anyone's primary console besides people who only like Nintendo games. It is a great secondary console though but you seriously should let them know about the complete lack of games on the Wii U before you "convince" them to buy one.

@rolltide my friends who are gamers will already know that it tends not to get the shades of brown games, and the non-gamers won't care.

slightly ironic that this is coming from someone with a PS logo as their avatar

I'm quite hyped for this mariokart. More than I've been since mario kart 64. That said I expect it to be an incremental refinement over past mario kart games.

But in this case that's exactly what I want. I don't need a revolutionary Mario Kart right now. I think the recent mario karts (mario kart ds onwards) have been the best in the series, and since Mario Kart ds they've all been incremental updates (I have issues with both mk wii and 7 but they were both moving in the right direction). I hope Mario Kart U to be follow that trend with some good new addition gameplay elements (New items and the really great looking anti grav sections) and supplying plenty of polish and balancing to the core gameplay.

If Mario Kart 8 turns out as great as it seems then, and only then, should Nintendo go back to the drawing board and do some sort of radical reinvention of Mario kart for Mario kart 9... Which should involve an all new game engine, a giant open road rally across the mushroom kingdom and a return to sprites. :P