By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LEAK (PR for QoL) - Nintendo OWL / Nintendo OwLife UPDATE (more info)

Fake, but do people really think the QoL thing is going to be aimed at them?

Most likely it will be initially some products for the senior citizen market as that's a huge market in Japan that actually has the majority spending power in the country, and there's no lack of seniors in other countries either.

I don't think they will actually go that hard after the fitness crowd, as its an over-saturated market with companies like Samsung and Apple also gearing up to make large pushes into. Nintendo is not going to want to compete with them.

Around the Network

QoL is probably going to be more along the lines of a chopping board that shows recipes, or a scale that gives you a graph of progress, or something along those lines.

This is clearly fake, but it's not even a good fake. The idea that eventually the QoL platform expands to encompass various areas of people's life is probably somewhat accurate (chopping board: "your scales tell me you've earnt the recipe for delicious cake today"), but to think that Nintendo would come out with a complete interconnected set of components from the get go is stupid.

Fake.

It shouldn't be too many more days before this press release goes live.

VitroBahllee said:

Where did you find this anyway?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
VitroBahllee said:

It's an internal document shared with very few third party partners and high profile investors

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Looks fake. Source?

Nintendo:

Gaming achievements... not on the plan.

Real life achievements ... here we go!

papamudd said:
fleischr said:
VitroBahllee said:

It's an internal document shared with very few third party partners and high profile investors

So I take it you received/intercepted it as well?

This just seems really fishy.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Oooh, a little more detail has leaked:

The sensors in each room are QR code readers that work with your phone. Nintendo is cutting costs for the Nintendo OWL hardware WAY down by using all the expensive tech people already have in their smartphones to do most of the 'heavy lifting,' tech speaking wise. Why sell cameras, motion sensors, gyros, touchscreens, etc. to people when most people already have a several-hundred dollar tool with all of those right in their pocket?

I'm telling you! This sounds cool!