By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2014 (Apr 21 - Apr 27)

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah, I'm surprised it didn't boost hardware more, too.  I guess SAO's fanbase is already firmly on Vita (like I was discussing with you a while ago, Sony really need to go after games that cater to a different audience for Vita).

I don't know what's coming in March 2015.  That's a while off.  If I were to take a guess, I'd say: Soul Sacrifice 2; Hatune Miku 3 and Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3.

If you meant to ask what is coming in May, then not much.  You can see them all in COMG already pretty much.  Moero Chronicle in the middle of the month and then a few games at the end of the month (To Love Ru; Hyperdimension Neptunia; Nobunaga's Ambition; Arcana Heart 3).

Nothing that's going to boost hardware in any event.  But I think Vita has found more stability this year than last year and shouldn't tumble to 10k again quite so easily.  Although there's always a big old slump after Golden Week, so we could well be seeing sub 20k from everything soon.

I meant May!!!! O.o 

3DS should stay above 30k from now on imo, maybe dip underneath last week of may only to rise up again for persona. July will be one hell of a month for 3DS, maybe see 100k 3DS weekly :p

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I meant May!!!! O.o 

3DS should stay above 30k from now on imo, maybe dip underneath last week of may only to rise up again for persona. July will be one hell of a month for 3DS, maybe see 100k 3DS weekly :p

Seems optimistic, but maybe.  Is there any software coming out that could support that?  Can't see anything on COMG.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

I meant May!!!! O.o 

Seems optimistic, but maybe.  Is there any software coming out that could support that?  Can't see anything on COMG.

Mario Golf only, that should keep 3ds afloat for this week (golden week) and the next and the 3DS LL promotion is where i think where 3ds will stay on top. The promotion of YW+AC free intill March 31st might just be enough.

tbone51 said:

Mario Golf only, that should keep 3ds afloat for this week (golden week) and the next and the 3DS LL promotion is where i think where 3ds will stay on top. The promotion of YW+AC free intill March 31st might just be enough.

Free until March 2015?  That's a long time.  I don't think that will help short term sales.  People will just wait until next year.

Also, didn't that promotion start this week?  I thought you said that earlier in the thread.

Finally, hardware would be up in Golden Week whether or not Mario Golf was releasing.  I don't think it'll do much for legs judging by the sales of the previous games.  Who knows.

Is SAO the biggest openning week for a Vita game?

Around the Network

Nice, sao actually doing better than I expected and if I remember correctly better than the PSP one too.

teigaga said:

No, but its definitely up there... im too lazy to search for them right now =P

teigaga said:

Nothing will come close to this until Phantasy Star Nova, of announced games.  Managed like ~264k iirc.

padib said:
pezus said:
The hell. 3DS a bigger boost than Vita?

PS4 still relatively stable. WiiU not falling anymore

Theatrythm?

And a limited edition Theatrhythm console and a new Animal Crossing or Youkai Watch FREE! promotion with any new 3DSLL

Kresnik said:

Free until March 2015?  That's a long time.  I don't think that will help short term sales.  People will just wait until next year.

Also, didn't that promotion start this week?  I thought you said that earlier in the thread.

Finally, hardware would be up in Golden Week whether or not Mario Golf was releasing.  I don't think it'll do much for legs judging by the sales of the previous games.  Who knows.

Not march 2015, intill march 2014!!! The promotion lasts intill Sept, but games will change! 

That said i think 3DS sales will remain around 30k or more intill at least mid-end of june. YW2 comes out Jly and no all 3ds sales for weeks will be great :)