By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you want a Smash clone for "mature" characters?

Tagged games:

Well?

Yes please! 9 15.52%

No thanks. 44 75.86%

Results 5 8.62%

Total:58

A mascot fighter geared toward an older demographic? A non-lucrative oxymoron.

Around the Network

The question here is: "Do i want fighters to evolve?"
While weight of Nintendo IP is not ignorable, Smash made success in part because it introduced something new to the Fighting genre.

I mean, it is about time we improve over the 1x1 on a plain arena, created by Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and others.

Depends... Is it made by Nintendo? Specifically, is it made by Sakurai? Cause if thats a no, then it will turn into that Playstation All Stars Nonsense with characters that no one really cared about... The reason why it works so well with Smash Bros is cause it has the Nintendo Charm and it has the characters that we care about so unless its made by them, no thanks, DOA is plently for me

But if it is and it has a clothes ripping mechanic... I will pre-order it 5 times so that if the first 4 stores explodes for some reason, I can still purchase it on my fifth one (thats how excited I will be)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fusioncode said:
Have you seen Zero Suit Samus? Can't really get any more mature that.

(pleaseputBayonettainsmashpleaseputBayonettainsmashpleaseputBayonettainsmash)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I don't really care about it being "mature," but a Smash Clone with characters from all video game companys and then some would be awesomazing, but sadly will never happen

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Have you seen Zero Suit Samus? Can't really get any more mature that.

Don't test me.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

But if it is and it has a clothes ripping mechanic... I will pre-order it 5 times so that if the first 4 stores explodes for some reason, I can still purchase it on my fifth one (thats how excited I will be)

u can have clothes ripping mechanik just for nintendo charakters... DKs chick is hot, and that pink girl from sonic, and all of marios GFs

and samus, and zelda and that foxy lady from the starfox we dont talk about, and ashs mom and joy, and the wii fit trainer...

Areym said:
the_dengle said:
Little kids can continue playing Mortal Kombat and pretending that makes them adults. Smash Bros is great just the way it is. Sapping it of all of its personality won't result in an equal game for a different market, it will result in a shitty game suitable for no market.

Oh sheesh man, let me help you off that high horse you are currently riding to your big boy convention, right next to the "PC Master" circle jerk.

I never said adults can't play Mortal Kombat for its mechanics, nor that kids can't also play it for them.

I'm saying that stripping away Smash's whimsy and adding blood and profanity for the sake of having blood and profanity sounds like an adolescent fantasy. Wouldn't it be awesome if Link cut Samus's head off, painting his green tunic brownish-red with her blood, while he called her a bitch??? Man, I just creamed my pants imagining that.

Sounds like a game where the developers really have their priorities in order, I bet it would be WAY more fun to play that than a game where a mannequin beats the crap out of a fat penguin man wielding a giant mallet while giving him fitness tips. Who would want to play such a derivative bore-fest as that?

Mostly I don't see the point because half the characters in the OP are already in Smash Bros, the past two installments of which have already been rated T. If seeing Peach on the battlefield really ruins the mood for you... don't play as Peach. Problem solved. Link and Samus are now going head-to-head in a T-rated mascot fighting game. The only two missing elements of the OP's dream game are the blood and the profanity.

generic-user-1 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

u can have clothes ripping mechanik just for nintendo charakters... DKs chick is hot, and that pink girl from sonic, and all of marios GFs

and samus, and zelda and that foxy lady from the starfox we dont talk about, and ashs mom and joy, and the wii fit trainer...

Mario is Peach's girlfriend.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Anfebious said:
Wasn't Playstation All Stars supossed to be a "Mature" clone?

Ahem..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---