By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA bans Donald Sterling for life, fines him $2.5 million

Steroids are supposed to make you heal faster and more complete.  Roses long recovery and quick re injury definetly proofs he didn't take steriods. 

Around the Network

While I didn't expect a lifetime ban, good job by Silver. However, this isn't over. I fully expect Sterling to sue because that's just how he is. If you look at his history you'll see just how twisted he really is.

Chris Hu said:

Steroids are supposed to make you heal faster and more complete.  Roses long recovery and quick re injury definetly proofs he didn't take steriods. 

roses return was a mental thing. Chicago media was hounding him to return when he was declared fit by the doctors. Steroids dont prevent injury

Max King of the Wild said:

roses return was a mental thing. Chicago media was hounding him to return when he was declared fit by the doctors. Steroids dont prevent injury

If they did Triple H wouldn't blow a quad every time he bent over to pick up a quarter.

In fact, it seems like everyone I've ever known who started using steroids got hurt shortly thereafter.

badgenome said:

If they did Triple H wouldn't blow a quad every time he bent over to pick up a quarter.

Hahaha! oh man thats golden

just to clarify, im not saying rose is or isnt doping. just that the argument about injures doesnt support anything

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Well regardless of what steriods do or don't do the Bulls have bigger problems then just getting Rose back they need a lot more key players if they want to make it to the finals anytime soon.

Donald Sterling has no chance suing the NBA. He's 1 billionaire suing a trillion dollar company with 29 other billionaires.

The NBA has the best lawyers money can buy, they'll CRUSH Donald Sterlings legal team. All Sterling can do is pick which lube he likes best because the NBA, His soon to be Ex Wife and soon to be Ex young golddigger girlfriend are about to take a LOT of his money and dignity. hahaha

The suspension isn't the part he can't really challenge in court. Now the forced selling of the team they are going to vote for... that one he could challenge pretty effectively because they'll have to prove that his racism hurt the entire league and not just the clippers.

He can probably win that one too.

I think however they're just hoping he'll take his billion and not fight it.  In the worst case though they can point and say "we tried to get rid of him".

He can just fire everyone and start over, maybe with an all white team...

kidding of course lol

Man, I don't like the whole thing. Seemed like everyone involved was trying to save face including the likes of the NAACP (who was about to give him a lifetime achievement award btw...shows how much money can buy). He just had to fall on the sword now when his comments didn't actually directly harm anyone vs when his actions actually did in the past and it was ignored. Only when it was bad for business did the moral police rush out.

IMO, best solution would be to let him keep the Clippers and instead offer the players the opportunity to be free agents. That way, if everyone actually leaves he gets a paperweight for a team and loses money. The way Silver went, Sterling actually makes money. If he ends up selling for $600m plus. What's a 2.5m fine? I guess the NBA doesn't want one of their teams to go defunct but who knows, for the right amount of cash, some players would probably still stay.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler