By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Is Nintendo Considered For Children?

Do you consider Nintendo for children?

Yes 207 49.52%

No 211 50.48%

Total:418

Because most of Nintendo's games look like they're for children and they're also suitable for children. Not only that, but Nintendo has done very little to fix the situation, for example release games targeted at a more mature audience. Also, marketing. Whenever their consoles haven't been marketed as toys of some sort, they've been marketed as entertainment devices for everyone - and not in a deep way but in a lighthearted and fun way.

Around the Network

Because a lot of sony and MS games are not suitable for children, but most nintendo games are?

Whens the last time you killed an enemy like this on a game made by nintendo?

For Children: YES!
Grown-ups are boring!

Signed by 54 year old - father of three sons (grown-up).

@ fps_d0minat0r

Because a lot of sony and MS games are not suitable for children, but most nintendo games are?

----------------------------------------------

This looks very much like the fantasies of ten-year old boys!

If an adult is bragging about this kind of behaviour he is considered dangerous or a video-game nerd. 

fps_d0minat0r said:

Ikr, here's some Xbox killing too.

Nintendo:

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

I now it's not the point you were making (which has truth in it), but I personally found that scene in God of War, while I liked the game, to be one of the most immature, unnecessary and laughably cheesy things I ever saw in a video game.

because cute cartoony games are the only kind they make.

I dont think they had the same image during the N64 era.

RolStoppable said:
Because this notion established itself as the best weapon of competitors against Nintendo. Sega did it, Sony did it, Microsoft did it. It's easy exploitation of the people who wish to be grown up.

Pretty much this.

Because people like to think that way. Nintendo isn't only for children, but to be honest I have no problem being called a kid for playing Nintendo. I rather be a kid in the depths of my heart than to be a boring adult.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"