By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Persona 5 (Crimson?)Be Multiplat With The Next Nintendo Handheld (or Exclusive)? PQ Showing Good Signs :0

NinjaBlade360 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
NinjaBlade360 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Because Atlus is run by Capcom and Square Enix

really atlus has done this as well  Shin Megami Tensai 1 & 2 were on Nintendo consoles then switch to sony then switched back to nintendo 

Persona is a spin off of SMT, just like Devil Survivor, IMAGINE, Digital Devil Saga, etc...

what dose that have to do with any thing you were making a argument that persona could not go on a Nintendo console because atlus is not sega or capcom and i showed you that atlus has done it in the past it dose not just becues it is a spin off mean it cant go on a differnt console manufacturer system and i know all the spin offs of SMT but thank you of  reminding me of them 

Because Persona Q is the first "persona" game on a nintendo system, and not even its home console, not to mention it only has persona characters anyway. Until P5 comes out and Nintendo's HH comes out, I can't even consider this to be in the realm of possibility.

It is just wishful thinking.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
generic-user-1 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

On the contrary, it would be another nail in the coffin of the Nintendo's only competitor further continuing its life long monopoly on the handheld market. Cause fuck competition.

The thing is, why would Atlus/Sega care? They dont work for Nin/Sony. They're profits come from software. Its the same argument with MH. People in the past (some to this day lol) that Capcom f***ed over Vita by not releasing a new MH on the system (practically to increase vita sales by a huge margin). Last i checked Capcom doesn't get a cent on Vita sales, why would they care?

Just sayin

See this is why I "quoted" your post.

You claimed a multiplat would be "good for everyone", but in reality it is only good for Nintendo. Competition be damned.

Hence the market has been owned by Nintendo since forever, and the only source of new handheld technology that has impact is mobile.

Nobody mentioned whether or not Atlus would care, and 3rd parties, especially Japanese ones routinely screw over Sony because they basically do nothing for them or against them. Granted Nintendo, is practically as inactive as Sony in that regard but because of Nintendo's HH brand they can literally get away with anything.

I find it ironic that competition is encouraged where Nintendo is losing but a Monopoly is fine were Nintendo is basically unopposed.

And I can't help but laugh when some one makes a thread about Anti-Nintendo Bias.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

tbone51 said:

Yea i know it didn't happen, Why if it didn't happen on 3DS first that means absolutely not? :) As for speculation, wats too far into the future? Dont we talk about games all the time that would come out 2-3 years later? Like MH3G on 3DS, many people talking about MH4 :p

Considering the 3DS most likely peaked in popularity around that time, and the fact that I don't think they'll re-release the game in the near future, yes. In my view, that was the 3DS's best shot by far to get a mainline Persona, and it didn't.

Too far into the future is talking about a re-release of a game which we haven't even seen footage of yet, being released on a console which probably isn't even fully in development yet.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
NinjaBlade360 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Persona is a spin off of SMT, just like Devil Survivor, IMAGINE, Digital Devil Saga, etc...

what dose that have to do with any thing you were making a argument that persona could not go on a Nintendo console because atlus is not sega or capcom and i showed you that atlus has done it in the past it dose not just becues it is a spin off mean it cant go on a differnt console manufacturer system and i know all the spin offs of SMT but thank you of  reminding me of them 

Because Persona Q is the first "persona" game on a nintendo system, and not even its home console, not to mention it only has persona characters anyway. Until P5 comes out and Nintendo's HH comes out, I can't even consider this to be in the realm of possibility.

It is just wishful thinking.

how dose that relate to what you wrote above??? also what was it 6-7 years ago if you told people that FF 13 would also be on the 360 they would call you crazy. If there is a opportunity to make money a company will do it if persona Q  dose well enough atlus will think of bring other persona games to nintendo consoles 

NinjaBlade360 said:

how dose that relate to what you wrote above??? also what was it 6-7 years ago if you told people that FF 13 would also be on the 360 they would call you crazy. If there is a opportunity to make money a company will do it if persona Q  dose well enough atlus will think of bring other persona games to nintendo consoles 

SE fucked up and spent to much money on the Crystalla blah blah blah shiny engine.

Capcom has been bleeding money.

Atlus is fine.

If Persona Q does well, then it is more likely to result in more Etrian Odyssey games for the 3DS since, Persona Q is literally just EO with Persona 3/4 characters. It like comparing Sonic and Mario to say Persona Q is like Persona 4. You know what else is a Persona game? Persona 4 Arena, in fact its more similar to Persona then Persona Q is. Yet we didn't see it on the Wii and we havent seen it on the Wii U.

So like I said.

The Evidence is inconclusive.

Until we see P5 and Nintendo's handheld. There is simply not enough evidence to even reasonably speculate.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

SE fucked up and spent to much money on the Crystalla blah blah blah shiny engine.

Capcom has been bleeding money.

Atlus is fine.

If Persona Q does well, then it is more likely to result in more Etrian Odyssey games for the 3DS since, Persona Q is literally just EO with Persona 3/4 characters. It like comparing Sonic and Mario to say Persona Q is like Persona 4. You know what else is a Persona game? Persona 4 Arena, in fact its more similar to Persona then Persona Q is. Yet we didn't see it on the Wii and we havent seen it on the Wii U.

So like I said.

The Evidence is inconclusive.

Until we see P5 and Nintendo's handheld. There is simply not enough evidence to even reasonably speculate.

there is evidence that we can reasonably speculate therea a persona game coming out on the 3ds and ninteno is working with atlus to make SMT x fire emblem and who now mabey nintendo will buy exclusivity to the persona series alot can happen in a yaer and you also have to rember that atlus is owned buy sega witch is owed by Sammy. whether you like it or not Persona Q is a Persona game just because it plays a little different form persona 3 or 4 and because it doesn't have that same art style  make it not a persona game pokemon ranger is still a pokemon game sonic all star racing is still a sonic game halo wars is still a halo game 

NinjaBlade360 said:

there is evidence that we can reasonably speculate therea a persona game coming out on the 3ds and ninteno is working with atlus to make SMT x fire emblem and who now mabey nintendo will buy exclusivity to the persona series alot can happen in a yaer and you also have to rember that atlus is owned buy sega witch is owed by Sammy. whether you like it or not Persona Q is a Persona game just because it plays a little different form persona 3 or 4 and because it doesn't have that same art style  make it not a persona game pokemon ranger is still a pokemon game sonic all star racing is still a sonic game halo wars is still a halo game 

Why are they making SMT x Fire Emblem instead of Persona 4 x Fire Emblem then?

Every single piece of evidence you've suggested is inconclusive. Stuff like "who knows" "maybe" "alot can happen in a year" "Sega owning Atlus" none of that is conclusive. Nintendo could have bought Atlus, if they wanted Persona so much.

Until I see Persona 4 arena on a Nintendo Console, Persona Q is not enough.

NinjaBlade360 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

He's right, Paper Mario is a Final Fantasy game, not a Mario game 

Kirby Mass Atk is a Pikmin game, not a Kirby game

Sonic Allstar Racing is a MK game, not a Sega/Sonic game..... Srry had to do it :P

tbone51 said:

He's right, Paper Mario is a Final Fantasy game, not a Mario game 

Kirby Mass Atk is a Pikmin game, not a Kirby game

Sonic Allstar Racing is a MK game, not a Sega/Sonic game..... Srry had to do it :P

Paper Mario is a Paper Mario game. At least until Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star ಠ__ಠ

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
NinjaBlade360 said:

Why are they making SMT x Fire Emblem instead of Persona 4 x Fire Emblem then?

Every single piece of evidence you've suggested is inconclusive. Stuff like "who knows" "maybe" "alot can happen in a year" "Sega owning Atlus" none of that is conclusive. Nintendo could have bought Atlus, if they wanted Persona so much.

Until I see Persona 4 arena on a Nintendo Console, Persona Q is not enough.

Because maybe Persona has never been with history on nintendo platforms before?

Also why is P4 Arena viable but PQ isnt? Both dont play like Persona games lol

So street fighter=Persona now and EO=/=Persona? I think PQ is more viable than arena as they are different genres