By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo plans year-long Mario Kart 8 marketing campaign

It's about time! :O

Around the Network

"This will lead into a launch campaign, which includes online and TV activity and will run from May 30th (the game’s launch) right up until the end of the year."

This is good and all, but shouldn't the TV ads start before the game launches?

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

I swear, Nintendo of America isn't worth the land they built their offices on anymore. Why the hell can't they do anything? Anything at all? Reggie needs to wake his posse up and get to work.

It is basically their last chance. At least they seem to be on the ball with that (and what a good-looking game to run with!)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

TechnoHobbit said:

"This will lead into a launch campaign, which includes online and TV activity and will run from May 30th (the game’s launch) right up until the end of the year."

This is good and all, but shouldn't the TV ads start before the game launches?

Yeah that was the first thing that stuck out to me as well. Marketing should start on May 1st to get the hype train pumped and primed. At least they're planning something. It's definitely do or die time.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

Because in one of those cases, you would be lying.  It is a pet peeve of mine when someone lies about something just so they can be emphatic.

Nintendo's marketing strategy is the worst. The other day I asked a Gamestop employee how much a Wii U cost and he asked me whether that's the umpteenth Wii plastic doohickey. I haven't seen a single advertisement of any sort for any Wii U or Wii U game anywhere ever.

Hope so, I can't remember the last time I saw a WiiU commercial.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

noname2200 said:
MDMAlliance said:

Because in one of those cases, you would be lying.  It is a pet peeve of mine when someone lies about something just so they can be emphatic.

Nintendo's marketing strategy is the worst. The other day I asked a Gamestop employee how much a Wii U cost and he asked me whether that's the umpteenth Wii plastic doohickey. I haven't seen a single advertisement of any sort for any Wii U or Wii U game anywhere ever.

Not entirely sure why you're saying this to me.  I was making a comment about spurgeonryan specifically.  Also, Wii U and Wii U game advertisements most certainly exist.  How much they pop up and how much exposure they get I can't say, but I know that spurgeonryan should have seen some online on youtube/posted here at the very least.

MDMAlliance said:
noname2200 said:
MDMAlliance said:

Not entirely sure why you're saying this to me.  I was making a comment about spurgeonryan specifically.

So it's not a pet peeve of yours! BUSTED!

Bored.

noname2200 said:
MDMAlliance said:

Not entirely sure why you're saying this to me.  I was making a comment about spurgeonryan specifically.

So it's not a pet peeve of yours! BUSTED!

Bored.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion based off of what you said.  What you were saying didn't really make any sense to me and I don't know if you would have actually seen an advertisement or not for the Wii U.  Ignorance is different than lying.  You didn't "bust" anything.

I responded to Spurgeonryan because I know he must have seen a Wii U advertisement post Wii U launch, yet he claimed to not have seen one yet.