Can PS4 outsell XO 2:1?

Yes 573 76.71%

No 112 14.99%

I don't care 62 8.30%

Total:747
kowenicki said:
Xenobot said:
kowenicki said:

So you predict 4m Xbox one's in the next 12 months?  and you even made a spreadsheet to illustrate this nonsense?

Wow.  It will sell much more than 4m in the US alone in that time frame.

Yep, "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Why did you highlight Feb and not March?

anyhow, we will see how wrong you are by Dec 31st wont we.

Because March is irrelevant.

Ask yourself: How often MS releases Titanfall?

This is the same reason I've added only 800k units per month for sony (not 950k)

Around the Network
vivster said:
Aerys said:
vivster said:
Turkish said:

damn, its too late for mathz, 2:20 am here but thanks for the example.

I dont think Halo 5 is coming this year, I thought Halo 2 was all but confirmed this year, I'd really want it to come out, good mp.

Seems really late for you^^ It's the same time for me though ;)

But to reitterate: The PS4 would need to make the double before the holidays because I don't believe that the PS4 will sell double in November and December. That's already hard to achieve during the summer. And after the holidays it will be thrown off the path again. And after the Holidays there is Halo 5 so not a good chance to catch up either. I see the only chance for the PS4 to double in 2016 if the X1 tanks.

There is no Halo 5 after the holidays, just a remake of Halo 2.

It's obvious PS4 will sell much better  in november/december with Japan+europe+US where X1 will just sell well in US.

If that were true I'd invite you to a beer but sadly I think there will be a Halo 5 in the near future.

The PS4 will easily outsell the X1 in Nov/Dec but will it be double or more? I doubt that.

Not this year, if Halo5 or Uncharted 4 were coming out in the next 6 months, the marketing push would of already started big time, these games will not be seen in 2014. We've not even seen a screenshot since there reveals nearly a year a go. 

Xenostar said:
vivster said:

If that were true I'd invite you to a beer but sadly I think there will be a Halo 5 in the near future.

The PS4 will easily outsell the X1 in Nov/Dec but will it be double or more? I doubt that.

Not this year, if Halo5 or Uncharted 4 were coming out in the next 6 months, the marketing push would of already started big time, these games will not be seen in 2014. We've not even seen a screenshot since there reveals nearly a year a go. 

And the next one. Please someone tell me where I ever said that Halo 5 would be released in 2014....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Xenostar said:
vivster said:

And the next one. Please someone tell me where I ever said that Halo 5 would be released in 2014....

Right there, it's underlined... I would think that referring to near future means next 9 months...

Turkish said:
vivster said:
Turkish said:
vivster said:
No. Because no.

I remember when people werent giving lazy unsubstantiated answers

So to you and the near 15 percent that said no

So what?
The PS4 needs more than that to meet its goal. Doing 2:1 in one year doesn't erase the year before that. Even if it stays at 2:1 throughout this year(which I don't believe) it would still not be 2:1 overall. It's getting even harder in 2015 and if the X1 doesn't tank completely it will never happen.

Actually the PS4 needs another 1.5m to double Xbone sales 2:1, Im sure that PS4 will manage that this year, I even think PS4 will double combined Xbone and WiiU sales sometime in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.

Don't understimate Nintendo, they can always do a come-back, like they did with the 3ds : )

But they really need to do it fast...pricedrop + mario kart bundle = Banco (+ smahs bros).

Around the Network
Hankoney said:
vivster said:
Xenostar said:
vivster said:

Right there, it's underlined... I would think that referring to near future means next 9 months...

That was after I already said like 5 times that Halo would be released AFTER the holidays. Which is still in the near future aka less than a year from now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Namiirei said:
=

Don't understimate Nintendo, they can always do a come-back, like they did with the 3ds : )

But they really need to do it fast...pricedrop + mario kart bundle = Banco (+ smahs bros).

small difference in 3ds lacking competition.

Wiiu is facing PS2s son the juggernaut that is PS4 and a decent xbox product. 

BeElite said:
Namiirei said:
=

small difference in 3ds lacking competition.

Wiiu is facing PS2s daughter the juggernaut that is PS4 and a decent xbox product. 

HD twins are girls. :O

God said:

Sony PlayStation 4 aka PS4: The daughter of PlayStation, Grand Daughter of Sony, Student of the Arcane Arts of PC, and the first to be born with the Wizard's blood. Similar to Wii, she grew up in poverty after her father lost the throne. However, she trained from a young age in the art of combat, politics, and utilizing her PC powers in order to restore family's honor. She also desires to heal her ailing grandmother, rather than callously abandon her family as some Regulars have suggested. However, unlike her predecessors, she lacks resentment of the Nintendo Family or the Xbox Family and instead is determined to reclaim the throne. Due to her PC blood, she possess an unearthly beauty, but she prefers to resort to conventional tactics rather than utilize her feminine wiles. Although she never claimed to fight for the masses, her sincerity has slowly been swaying attention more in her favor.

Microsoft Xbox One aka XB1: The daughter of Xbox, Student of the Arcane Arts of PC, she was the second to be born with the Wizard's blood. Perplexed by the beauty of the Wii, she focused much of her attention on that, utilizing her Wizard Blood, to reach angelic level of beauty. Similar to the Wii, she attempts to use her beauty to sway the masses, but not only have they not responded, but she is starting to lose the support of regulars who had supported her father prior. In fact, the regulars forced her to modify her vision and compete more conventionally against PlayStation 4, who was more proficient in the field. Determined to succeed where her predecessors failed however, she is adamant to claim the throne.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

colafitte said:

I always thought sales for the 8th gen will end something like this

USA   EUR    JAP      OTH     TOTAL
PS4     55'0   50'0    10'0     25'0      140'0
XBO   35'0    15'0     1'0      10'0        61'0
WIIU 10'0      5'0      5'0        4'0        24'0
------------------------------------------------------
         100'0    70'0   16'0      39'0      225'0

So I definitively expect to PS4 double XBO sales....

I had not broken it down by region in my original estimates by the end of 2020, your numbers above fall within the given range.

My estimates for 2020 are:

PS4     120 - 149 mil
XB1   41-64 mil

Also I had given some for WiiU (to stay politically correct honestly) but this assumed WiiU to be here by 2020, which I highly doubt although your estimate seems very plausible. Also It's possible the (lower bound) estimate for the XB1 may have to be revised up due to the increasingly agressive MS pricing and advertising. As I had stated in my estimates, there are too many unknowns at this point, so these are very rough estimates and assumptions, which will be adjusted for more precision.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates