By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sales double Xbox One

Can PS4 outsell XO 2:1?

Yes 573 76.71%

No 112 14.99%

I don't care 62 8.30%

Total:747

You might want to add a question mark at the end of your title to stop it being misleading. As it stands, it reads like a statement of fact that would require a legitimate source.

Around the Network
Xenobot said:

Do you think it's posible?

Something like 10 mln vs. 5 mln units.

Of course.

The one drop the bomb with the biggest game of the year + pricedrop + others things and it's still behind the ps4.

Now it will only go lower and lower, week after week.

So yes, the ps4 can outsell the one by 2:1...but not before some months, and only before Halo 5.

Its a close call, but the PS4 is selling nearly at double the pace the X1 is. So, i suppose its possible.

@OP:

For short periods, possible and quite likely.
For long periods and lifetime, still possible but very unlikely.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It will for most of this year... especially the next two months before e3.
Everyone who was willing to buy an XB1 at a cheaper price with Titanfall already did. Price has mow increased and the hype has died down. PS4s are now available. MS has no exclusive games for a while. PS4 has MLB, Spider-man, Bound by Flame which will keep it number 1 in the US. Watchdogs will also sell more consoles on PS4, even if it is just 1, it will keep PS4 #1 in the US and probably selling 3 to 1 outside of the US.

Rough few months for MS until they decide to formalize their price drop

Around the Network
xmositox said:

Everyone who was willing to buy an XB1 at a cheaper price with Titanfall already did. Price has mow increased and the hype has died down. PS4s are now available. MS has no exclusive games for a while. PS4 has MLB, Spider-man, Bound by Flame which will keep it number 1 in the US. Watchdogs will also sell more consoles on PS4, even if it is just 1, it will keep PS4 #1 in the US and probably selling 3 to 1 outside of the US.

Like Watch Dogs, Destiny is being marketed like PS4 exclusive too... the only Multiplatform game marketed exclave for Xbone will be CoD.

I don't see PS4 loosing the moment... instead I see it gaining even more moment... I won't be surprise if Xbone start to sell only few ks units over Wii U... the fan base already bought the console.

ethomaz said:
xmositox said:

Like Watch Dogs, Destiny is being marketed like PS4 exclusive too... the only Multiplatform game marketed exclave for Xbone will be CoD.

I don't think COD will be marketed exclusively for the XOne, if ever, considering the larger PS4 userbase.

OT: I say it is possible. The PS4 will be well on its way of outselling the XOne 2:1 until the holiday season, where the XOne will probably tie the PS4.

Yeah I could see it happening especially if MS doesn't announce a significant price cut soon.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

PS4 would double Xbone if Sony push a bit more on Japan like it was with PS2. In this case sure PS4 would double !
We will see.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

PS4 will end 2014 with around 17-20 mill SOLD, and Xbox One around 8-10 SOLD. For me is quite obvious this will happen. People can quote me then if i'm wrong and i will never predict again. I promise...