By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sales double Xbox One

Can PS4 outsell XO 2:1?

Yes 573 76.71%

No 112 14.99%

I don't care 62 8.30%

Total:747
2008ProchargedGT said:

Both vaild points that need to be takin into consideration. I believe XBone will have a strong holiday push in NA if they anounce a price cut around that time they could sell 1 to 1 maybe even 1.5 to 1.

How big a price cut is the issue, 50 wont do much.  Price partity wont be enough unless its with Halo5

Given current circumstances and realitys of the situation.  1-1 would be a hell of a victory for them. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Only if the ratio continues throught out every hollydays season, where basicaly 60% of yearly sales are accounted.

Last hollydays the ratio was 4 to 3... so, the chances are slim of a 2 to 1 ratio even if nothing changes.

Let's ignore that PS4 completely sold out whenever it got some stock. There were weeks where it sold close to nothing (like the week after launch).

Yes, let ignore it, because we don´t have any data that supports a sortage free hollydays season. And we don´t know the total demand for either console outside the launch window.

Plus, I also expect the PS4, and XOne, to suffer from shortages this hollydays season.

Eh, weren't you using launch window sales to say the chances are slim of a 2:1 ratio?

@kowen: This is not hard to figure out. Increased supply. I even said PS4 would sell more this holiday season than last. It only needs to sell more than 4.2m.

Yes, or do you expect the Xone sales to DROP this hollydays season?

The chances of a overral 2 to 1 ratio are slim unless Microsoft screw even more hard than they did last year.

Is that hard to understand that the current image to ordinary people of the XOne is very positive?

PS4 will sell more than 3 times the Xbox One.

Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Only if the ratio continues throught out every hollydays season, where basicaly 60% of yearly sales are accounted.

Last hollydays the ratio was 4 to 3... so, the chances are slim of a 2 to 1 ratio even if nothing changes.

Let's ignore that PS4 completely sold out whenever it got some stock. There were weeks where it sold close to nothing (like the week after launch).

Yes, let ignore it, because we don´t have any data that supports a sortage free hollydays season. And we don´t know the total demand for either console outside the launch window.

Plus, I also expect the PS4, and XOne, to suffer from shortages this hollydays season.

Eh, weren't you using launch window sales to say the chances are slim of a 2:1 ratio?

@kowen: This is not hard to figure out. Increased supply. I even said PS4 would sell more this holiday season than last. It only needs to sell more than 4.2m.

Yes, or do you expect the Xone sales to DROP this hollydays season?

The chances of a overral 2 to 1 ratio are slim unless Microsoft screw even more hard than they did last year.

Is that hard to understand that the current image to ordinary people of the XOne is very positive?

Something you need to factor with this line of thought is the XBOX isnt launching this year and most early adopters have already purchased one. Last years holiday may be the exception not the rule, at this point we just dont know

Probable...

If not 10/5 then 12/6... it is just the natural course of the console life.

lol at the guys that thinks PS4 will have a worst holiday than launch and Xbone a better one lol lol lol

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Probable...

If not 10/5 then 12/6... it is just the natural course of the console life.

lol at the guys that thinks PS4 will have a worst holiday than launch and Xbone a better one lol lol lol

Would you mind point who said such a thing?

Xenostar said:
I kind of expect MS Deep pockets to kick in before it gets that bad for them, price cuts will be big if they were looking at a 33% vs 66% marketshare against PS4.

i never understood this deep pockets argument. Sony depends on PlayStation way more than Microsoft does on Xbox and are thus willing to spend just as much or even more money on their video game buisness compared to Microsoft, because it plays a bigger role for them.

Dark_Feanor said:

Would you mind point who said such a thing?

Just look back to the previous posts.

BTW "Is that hard to understand that the current image to ordinary people of the XOne is very positive?" if the current image is so positive why is it not selling even with deals, temporary price cuts, free games and everything else?

Globally over the entire console's life time?

It's definately possible if Microsoft doesn't take the right steps, but will it happen?  I don't think so.

I think Phill Spencer is going to stear Xbox back into a more prominant position where they can at least compete with Playstation 4.

I could see the end generation sales being something like:

Wii U: 25M

Xbox One: 80M

Playstation 4: 120M

BeElite said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

Both vaild points that need to be takin into consideration. I believe XBone will have a strong holiday push in NA if they anounce a price cut around that time they could sell 1 to 1 maybe even 1.5 to 1.

How big a price cut is the issue, 50 wont do much.  Price partity wont be enough unless its with Halo5

Given current circumstances and realitys of the situation.  1-1 would be a hell of a victory for them. 

Price Parity would be enough to keep them ahead of being outsold 2:1 by playstation 4.

In the US, they would likely be winning most months at price pariy.