By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lords of the Fallen Dev: 1080p 'Tougher' on Xbox One Than PS4

Won't game be more demanding the longer the generation go so achieving 1080p might remain slighter more difficult through the gen, it's not like games will still look like they are couple years from now

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

of course it is. PS4 is the stronger console. its just logic.

kowenicki said:
Torillian said:

if you think that's worrying you should've seen the moderator chat all trying to figure out wtf you were talking about.  

You are right... that is terrifying.   But on second thoughts...

My word,  it was...interesting alright. But we got there in the end I suppose which is the key thing. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Gap is there and will be, you cant program out hardware deficiencies. As they do a better job on X1 games same better will be done on PS4 ones.

For example. I got one of the most potent engines in the world in my car, but even that has a limit and at a point cant over come a 5l+ V8 since same tech turbo and boost can be used on it, when that happens that extra hardware comes to play and cant be tuned out of the equation.

ethomaz said:

Kasz216 said:

1080P And 60 FPS  are pretty much just the celing for both consoles.  So fairly early on PS4 should hit a "ceiling" for multiplatform games that 360 will catch up with.

Most places the PS4's power can be used for graphical advantages aren't going to show up in MP games.  (More NPCs characters on screen, wider perspectievs stuff like that.)

That is where I disagree... PS4 power is easy to use than PS3 and MP devs will use it to added features to PS4 games and just not that in intensive parts of the game PS4 will holds better than Xbone in terms of framerate.

I think the engines will be optimized to use the PS4 asyncronous compute too.

Well first Xbone needs to reach 1080p in MP games (outside low demanding sports) and after that we will see what happen.

You think multiplatform developers are going to waste time adding stuff to the PS4 version just to make the Xbone version worse.  

That seems unlikely.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

And the entire moderation team...killer.  

Why isn't Xbox One delivering 1080p / 60fps games now then, just with sacrificed effects? For such a "simple concept", it's pretty damn flawed.

Hey now, not the ENTIRE moderation team.

I understood it.  

I'm awesome at verbal riddles.

brendude13 said:
kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:

1080P And 60 FPS  are pretty much just the celing for both consoles.  So fairly early on PS4 should hit a "ceiling" for multiplatform games that 360 will catch up with.

Most places the PS4's power can be used for graphical advantages aren't going to show up in MP games.  (More NPCs characters on screen, wider perspectievs stuff like that.)

Thank you.  A rather simple concept that two posters seemed unable to grasp.  Worrying.

Why isn't Xbox One delivering 1080p / 60fps games now then, just with sacrificed effects? For such a "simple concept", it's pretty damn flawed.

There are close to zero games that do 1080p60 and can keep it but especially Forza 5 does ;)

But yoz are looking at it from the wrong perspective - Xbone isn't delivering but devs are to decide how a game looks and runs. There is no need to proove that Xbone can do 1080p60 as games currently already do.

walsufnir said:
brendude13 said:

There are close to zero games that do 1080p60 and can keep it but especially Forza 5 does ;)

But yoz are looking at it from the wrong perspective - Xbone isn't delivering but devs are to decide how a game looks and runs. There is no need to proove that Xbone can do 1080p60 as games currently already do.

I'm not doubting that Xbox One can do 1080p 60fps. You are completely right, devs do decide how their game looks and runs, that is what I was trying to say. Developers chose to make the game run at 720p / 900p / 30fps.

Zekkyou said:
ethomaz said:

Zekkyou said:

OT: I've been pretty impressed by what I've seen from LOTF thus far. Definitely looks like it needs some work (has that odd clumsiness some unfinished games seem to have), but it's certainly easy on the eyes.

I didn't read much about this game... what game it looks like? Kingdom of Amalur?

It's been described as taking influence from Dark Souls and The Witcher. Pretty nice video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K423anCBKKo (no idea how to embed sorry :p).

Wow, it looks great! Maybe I just like a little less those over-the-top, DragonBall-like special attacks against the biggest monsters, but I should try the game to decide, if they can be launched rarely, and learning them requires developing the character to high levels, they shouldn't risk spoiling the game.

About this thread: LOL @those overreacting and accusing others of being insecure.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Kasz216 said:

You think multiplatform developers are going to waste time adding stuff to the PS4 version just to make the Xbone version worse.  

That seems unlikely.

Yeap... it will become more evident in the late of the gen.